lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
JDH
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 club car ds lights fuse line

I have a 2001 club car ds 48 volt that had lights installed when I purchased it. They stopped working when I took it out for Halloween. After looking at the batteries one post was corroded and it must have corroded the fuse that attaches to the post. Any idea what size fuse this is and where I can buy a replacement?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20121103-00212.jpg (194.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20121103-00211.jpg (193.5 KB, 0 views)
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
El Camino
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club car ds lights fuse line

Cut off the part that's in your hand in the picture and take it down to the auto parts store and show it to them. Tell them you want to replace it and get a 15 amp fuse to fit.
El Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm fairly new to golf carts but have been wiring things for awhile. One of the experts will correct me if I'm wrong. But it looks like that is a crimpable or waterproof in line fuse holder. I think Blue Sea Systems makes them and could prob get them from Westmarine. Or you could wire in an in-line ATC/ATO blade style fuse holders from any auto parts store. Then use a 5/16ths ring terminal for connection to the battery. My kit had an ATC 20amp running headlights had tail lights.

I ended up wiring using a voltage reg and fuse block. I can't really make out what batteries you have it connected to, how many volts your using to power your lights, how many watts your lights are, etc. but in short if it was wired right and 4 standard lights, 20amps is what mine had in it. I think 15 would work but haven't ever actually done the math.

Don't forget to clean and neutralize any acid before reinstalling.
http://bluesea.com/files/resources/r...t_Breakers.pdf

Here's something from blue seas.
Divebmbr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camino View Post
Cut off the part that's in your hand in the picture and take it down to the auto parts store and show it to them. Tell them you want to replace it and get a 15 amp fuse to fit.
What he said. Very nice
Divebmbr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car