lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: We're Doin a STRETCH

I'm interested to know how well these kits hold up. I've considered doing this with one of our "new" precedents since the extended models cost so much more than the kit.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I'm interested to know how well these kits hold up. I've considered doing this with one of our "new" precedents since the extended models cost so much more than the kit.
They hold up just as long as the rest of the cart. They're extremely well designed and solid.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #23
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

^^^
And I know where you can buy one!
Great customer service too!!!
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #24
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

The work up until today was spent doing A LOT of painting on the cart. We went ahead and decided to paint the whole frame on the cart after we installed the frame extensions. We also painted all of the plastic underbody. I must say I was inspired to do this after I saw how good everything turned out on TahoeDawg's build for Tece50. Today we spent some time getting the lift and the rear HD springs mounted. This is a BUNCH easier when all of the body is off and I recommend doing this at this stage if you are doing a full tear down. We did run into a couple of issues though. For anyone out there who buys a set of Steeleng HD springs to mount with a MadJax lift, you have to flip the bolt in the middle of the spring or they will not seed in the lift block. After we worked through that little snag we were flying until the last step of the front. We were mounting the driver's side spindle and the allen bolt in the top was a b*tch to get out. Upon trying to put it back in, we noticed that the threads were gummed up, so I'll be calling Nivel tomorrow to get replacements. Since we couldn't do anything else with that we went ahead and cut the underbody and remounted that. Once that was secured we jumped back into mounting the Aluminum underbody that came with the stretch kit. Busy week with my real job but I am sure we will have some more progress to post towards the end of the week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3038.jpg (142.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3040.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3039.jpg (120.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3042.jpg (111.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3041.jpg (128.6 KB, 0 views)
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #25
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Work on the cart has been slow since the last post, mostly due the amount of painting that had to be done. Pictures below are of the installation of the rear underbody, as well as the front cowl support, front trim piece. At this point we were still waiting on the warranty parts from Nivel on the lift so we still have it on jack stands in the front. Once these pieces were mounted, we bolted back in the battery tub and pulled the bucket harness and the main wire harness. We had to extend the wires for the brake light assembly and purchase an extender for the front light harness, but besides all of that it was plug and play!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3072.jpg (129.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3073.jpg (125.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3074.jpg (135.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3075.jpg (127.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #26
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Monday and Tuesday we got a ton of work done! We chose to install the Double Take Sentry dash, so we pull all of the wires that are needed to run from our seat pod where we will have a Group 24 12v battery installed. We laid out how our switches and volt meters would be installed and cut the ABS accordingly. For a little cleaner look we mounted the key switch out of the way on the drivers side of the dash. After that we mounted the turn switch assembly and the add on harnesses to integrate that into our LED light kit. Tuesday our replacement lift parts arrived (very fast by the way) and those were installed. Which then enabled us to mount our dancing shoes! The wheels are the 14" MadJax Avengers on the 22" MadJax TimberWolf tires. We are now finishing up cutting all of templates into the seat pod, before the body goes off to paint!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3090.jpg (110.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3089.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3088.jpg (148.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Looking good!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #28
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Although I haven't put an update on in a while I have been working on the cart a little bit at a time. I started out my next steps by mounting the LED rear view mirrors to the front roof struts. I ran the wire prior to mounting back to the cart which made this much easier. Once I had that finished up, I moved onto securing the remaining floor plate from the stretch kit. I cut a 2" hole in the floor and put a rubber grommet around it to protect the wires coming through for the 12v accessories. Next step was mounting a portion of the rear seat so that I could mount the seat backs along with the rear roof struts. Finally, I purchased a roll of black rubber diamond plate and cut the floor mat to size. I was not happy with the way the mat looked that came with the kit, so we decided to make this change which turns out looking pretty sweet. I liked it so much I cut one for my 05 Precedent course cart . Once that was down and fitted I mounted the battery box for the 12v Group 24 Deep Cycle that I am using to run all of the accessories. It's getting closer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3096.jpg (100.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3095.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3097.jpg (99.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #29
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

A lot of the work that was done next was cutting out the holes in the seat pod for the 2 JL Audio 7.7 Marine Speakers, F/R Switch, 12v Battery Charger receptacle, and the JL Audio Bluetooth Receiver. Once the holes were cut I began mounting some high density foam blocks into the seat pod to attach the fuse block, bus bar, 12v Onboard battery Charger, Amplifier, and battery switch. I used Liquid Nails to bond the boards to the Aluminum Seat Pod after I pre drilled the holes in each board. We then threw on the rear body to drill out the holes for the taillights before we sent the body to be painted. Finally, we mounted the roof, which is the Double Take 116" Limo roof! After that was done, we attached the new Clear front windshield, which only left us with one thing to do while we wait for the body to get back from paint. We reinstalled the batteries and hooked everything back up. After a short pause the reverse buzzer came on and we were moving! We didn't take the cart for a ride because at this point there is no good place to sit, but we put it on charge and everything looks to be in working order!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3119.jpg (180.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3118.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #30
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very nice looking work on that cart. Coming along nicely. I have a question about the Double Take dash. Does the center 'glove box section' lift out for better wiring access to the switch panel section? I have the Phantom Body and am considering the custom dash as well. Since you installed the Double Tak dash, are you installing a Phantom Body too?

Great job
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car