lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent 25"tires need help

I ment xct500, sorry, typing from a phone with fat fingers
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #12
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

I run 30" tires by the way with an xct500 and admerial A4. Pushes the cart like a champ, no issues
Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow! Really impressive. How much have you towed? Any serious mud?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #14
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

I used it to pull two jet skis and double trailer up a boat ramp twice with no problem. Backing them down was the nerve racking part, because of the weight everytime I mashed the brakes, the front tires would come off the ground, haha, other than that it's a neighborhood cruiser, no mud
Old 11-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #15
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I am assuming you really need the ground clearance of a 25 or 28" tire. Never underestimate to torque required to turn those meats when you get in deep mud, steep hills, or up here, snow. I would find the lowest gears I could find to put in the diff to help regain the "leverage" lost with big rubber. Nothing more embarrassing than getting stuck due to lack of power and just sitting there like a tool.
Yes I need ground clearance but will mostly be in sand and rocks not mud. do they make lower gears for the precedent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlandjs View Post
I run 30" tires by the way with an xct500 and admerial A4. Pushes the cart like a champ, no issues
WOW 30's on an electric cart. how is low end torque, runtime, and top speed with your setup? what cart is it on and with what lift? Post a pic of your cart if you dont mind.
bajarebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #16
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The only thing I got 25s on has 25 hp V twin. The electrics get 22 max.
It just makes em perform better
I know 22's will perform better just want to make one that isn't like everyone else's It seems everyone you see has 6" kit and 22 or 23" tires. I wanna go bigger but am trying to make sure it will have enough power to get out of its own way and not tear up the electronics and motor in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I would put XCT500 and A4 motor if you can't find your way to a smaller tire.
Putting a 25" tire on a golf cart is a about a 40% increase in gear ratio resulting in an equal reduction in torque. The cart is going to need all the help it can get to go uphills.

Think of it like this; when you put the biggest tire you can get on a cart, you also need to put the biggest controller and motor on the same cart.
With this setup is it going to be a wheelie popper? I was looking at the ML3 on your site and was wondering if it is hard to setup? will I be able to set a kid friendly mode and a mode for when I want to unleash the power?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlandjs View Post
I used it to pull two jet skis and double trailer up a boat ramp twice with no problem. Backing them down was the nerve racking part, because of the weight everytime I mashed the brakes, the front tires would come off the ground, haha, other than that it's a neighborhood cruiser, no mud
Gotcha. One tip. Your hitch is too high and/or too long. You want the hole [point of attachment] level or slightly above the axle centerline and as close to the axle as possible to have the most control of your load.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Boy if this is going to be who's got the biggest rollers contest, I have some 20.8 x 38s in the shed. at 72" diameter, I wonder if the CC axles will stand it?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #19
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajarebel1 View Post
Yes I need ground clearance but will mostly be in sand and rocks not mud. do they make lower gears for the precedent?

WOW 30's on an electric cart. how is low end torque, runtime, and top speed with your setup? what cart is it on and with what lift? Post a pic of your cart if you dont mind.
Low end torque is good, I have 2 Motors for the cart. Both have excellent torque, the A4 runs about 27mph, and my custom built D&D motor (modified by PQ) runs about 30mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170506_145828126_HDR.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #20
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Boy if this is going to be who's got the biggest rollers contest, I have some 20.8 x 38s in the shed. at 72" diameter, I wonder if the CC axles will stand it?
probably not but dana 60's would!!! Get Er Done! and remember we want pics
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car