lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default MCOR and park brake release mechanism

I'm fixing two problems while I've got the flooring up again, and want to make sure of the parts I need. 2009 CC Precedent, GEN 2 pedals

I'm fairly sure I need the MCOR 4, as I have the conversion box attached to the present mcor, see pics. Am I correct?

Next, park brake will not engage. After reading the posts, I've seen the pics of OEM10377601, put am unable to confirm this is what I need. See pics. If so, how is it installed? Are there any exploded views or videos of this procedure, as I have not seen any and with all the rust, want to make sure it is doable.

How do I get the main linkage off of the pedal assembly to work on it?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcor.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mcoradapt.jpg (106.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gen2brake.jpg (99.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gen2brake2.jpg (71.4 KB, 0 views)
BNB1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: MCOR and park brake release mechanism

Forgot to ask:
Since I have the conversion box, do I need the whole conversion kit, or just the mcor4?
Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #3
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: MCOR and park brake release mechanism-Need Help

Also, in looking at exploded diagram, it looks like the brake release mechanism goes on the inside of the accelerator pedal. How does it detach from the pedal assembly? Am I going to need to remove a bunch of springs? Need pics and/or advise.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

103777601 is the park brake mechanism you need, AM293001 is the MCOR 4 conversion kit you'll need. To change the park brake mechanism, you'll need to remove the entire pedal group from the car. Once you remove it, take off the plastic bezel that fits around the pedals. This is easy, it just snaps in from the bottom. Once it's removed, you will need to remove the accelerator pedal completely from the frame of the pedal assembly. There are four torx screws holding it in place. Be careful removing them. I've found that 90% of the time they will break when you try and loosen them. They are stainless steel and they have loc-tite on them, and when threaded into aluminum it just amplifies the problem. I've been very successful removing them with heat. Heat the pedal assembly with a torch near the bolts, careful not to melt the plastic on the accelerator pedal tabs where the heads of the screws are. Once it's nice and warm, use an electric impact driver to remove the screws. Pull the accelerator pedal out from the bottom of the assembly. Once it's off, you can access the park brake mechanism. You'll need an allen wrench to remove the bolt. Once you take the bolt off, the assembly will pull off of the splines. Replace it with a new one and tighten it back up. It has one spline that is larger than the others, so it'll only fit one way. Re-install the accelerator pedal and the bezel and you're done.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

I may end up trying this. I will likely be using a wrench and visegrips, don't have electric impact wrench. I'll stop if I snap two bolts, figuring the other two are not going to loosen and just put it back together.

Are there any used full assemblies on the market? Saw a new one for $200, but that is a lot just for a parking brake.

Ordered the mcor conversion kit.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB1023 View Post
I may end up trying this. I will likely be using a wrench and visegrips, don't have electric impact wrench. I'll stop if I snap two bolts, figuring the other two are not going to loosen and just put it back together.

Are there any used full assemblies on the market? Saw a new one for $200, but that is a lot just for a parking brake.

Ordered the mcor conversion kit.
Glad we were able to work out a deal. You'll love your rebuilt pedal assembly. You should see it in the mail by mid-week next week. I'll rebuild it Monday morning and ship it out immediately. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #7
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sounds like a plan.
What is the best way to detach the brake linkage from the bottom of the brake assembly. Do I loosen it at the adjusting bolt, then work it out? Or does it just slip out of the brake pedal, I've not tried very hard to flip it over to see how it is attached, as I've got to use the cart for golf up until the assembly gets here. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You'll see the new rod on the pedal assembly I'm sending you. Separate it from the old one at the same place. Note that it's left handed threads.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #9
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: MCOR and park brake release mechanism

Received the whole rebuilt pedal assembly with brake release and new MCOR with conversion kit in only 2 days after Dave had it put together. Amazing. Installed in 20 minutes, and works great. Saved me the trouble of possible broken screws, heating and retapping and more. Thanks Dave.

Others: I highly recommend discussing your project with Dave [Revolution Golf Carts] or other site sponsors before you start your project, as they can save you time, grief, and money!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB1023 View Post
Received the whole rebuilt pedal assembly with brake release and new MCOR with conversion kit in only 2 days after Dave had it put together. Amazing. Installed in 20 minutes, and works great. Saved me the trouble of possible broken screws, heating and retapping and more. Thanks Dave.

Others: I highly recommend discussing your project with Dave [Revolution Golf Carts] or other site sponsors before you start your project, as they can save you time, grief, and money!

Glad I could help. And glad you solved your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car