lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
bmsmod14
Not Yet Wild

Default voltage reducer ?????

I'm installing a rhox volt-2001 reducer my question is do i hook the red and black wires from the reducer to the bucket harness or do i use the battery pack? It is a cc precedent 2010 w/4 12 v batteries...
bmsmod14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: voltage reducer ?????

Mine is a DS and I used the pack Main + for the Red and the controller B- for the Black. I do still have my OBC and wanted to keep it in the energy unit calculations.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
bmsmod14
Not Yet Wild

would that be the black wire behind the battery with a yellow bullet installed? do i just leave the bucket harness attached to the battery pack
Old 02-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The controller B- is the where the pack (Black) Main - runs to after it goes through your OBC.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't have one of those reducers but looking at their picture of it shows that it is a five wire reducer so it will have a 48V input (should be red and black) plus a "trigger" wire which connects to the "cold" side of the On/Off switch (the side that has power only when the switch is on). The other two wires are the 12V outputs (+ve 12V and -ve 12V) which go to your accessories (usually via a fuse box).

The 48V +ve wire (red) normally goes directly to the +ve of the 1st battery and normally has a fuse in the line.

The 48V -ve wire (black) connects to the black cable with the yellow bullet terminal. This is important if you still have the standard OBC because this allows the OBC to know how much power is being used by the reducer (and accessories) and therefore how much energy to put back into the batteries when the charger is on.

The instructions that came with the unit should show those connections and you should be able to contact Red Hawk if you need clarification.

Good luck
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:44 AM   #6
bmsmod14
Not Yet Wild

thanks yawood for the info i seen on the direction the black wire with the yellow bullet on it the only one i see is behind battery number 3 comes threw the alum plate has a female bullet connector is that the one
Old 03-02-2018, 03:37 AM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmod14 View Post
thanks yawood for the info i seen on the direction the black wire with the yellow bullet on it the only one i see is behind battery number 3 comes threw the alum plate has a female bullet connector is that the one
Yep that's it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2542 with text medium.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #8
bmsmod14
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks should i leave the bucket harness positive and neg hooked to the one battery
Old 03-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #9
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmod14 View Post
ok thanks should i leave the bucket harness positive and neg hooked to the one battery
No. I'm not sure what you mean by a bucket harness but anything that needs 12V should come off the voltage reducer, not off one battery. That way its power is coming from the whole pack (via the reducer) instead of just one battery.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car