lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Drain 48V Precedent

Sorry guys long post. I have a 2007 CC Precedent IQ my buddy has the exact same cart purchased at the same time. I plug my charger in and it goes to 10 then turns off and jumps back up to 10. My buddy's goes straight to 15 and stays there until fully charged. When I plugged his charger into my cart it did the same thing and I plugged my charger into his cart and it went straight to 15 like his did so NOT the charger.
We both replaced our batteries in 2011 he is still running on those batteries and I replaced my in 2015 and I can only get 9 holes out of mine now. What could be causing such a drain on batteries in my cart that makes the batteries go dead????
Tired of replacing batteries every 3 years.
rock2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Drain 48V Precedent

The OBC is what control the charging current.

Make sure all cables and wires are in good shape and making good connections.

If there are no bad connections or alterations done to the original wiring, the OBC is failing.

You can try resetting to see if it allows more current to go through.

Just disconnect the pack negative cable for more than 10 minutes to allow the OBC memory to be erased.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

I have had the OBC replaced once. I had read that you should replace the batteries when replacing the OBC. I did not do this the last time. Is it recommended or not.
Thanks for your reply
Old 03-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are the tops of your batteries constantly wet? It is recommended that you replace your outdated CC charger with a new and modern DPI charger. BTW from trouble description it sounds as though your charger is the one that is working because it goes through the power on self tests. Do both chargers drop down to about 4 or 5 amps to finish charging?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock2183 View Post
Sorry guys long post. I have a 2007 CC Precedent IQ my buddy has the exact same cart purchased at the same time. I plug my charger in and it goes to 10 then turns off and jumps back up to 10. My buddy's goes straight to 15 and stays there until fully charged. When I plugged his charger into my cart it did the same thing and I plugged my charger into his cart and it went straight to 15 like his did so NOT the charger.
We both replaced our batteries in 2011 he is still running on those batteries and I replaced my in 2015 and I can only get 9 holes out of mine now. What could be causing such a drain on batteries in my cart that makes the batteries go dead????
Tired of replacing batteries every 3 years.
Make sure your red wire from charge port is going to battery 1 positive post. Sometimes they wind up on wrong post after battery change. Cart will still work but not like it should.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

WalterM6 and mrgolf thanks for you input. The tops are not wet and I'll check the red wire to make sure it is where it is supposed to be. I never see them finish charging as they are left at the course. I'll look into the DPI charger
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
Rexx321
Not Yet Wild

You buddies should not stay at 15 amps nor shut off from 15
Rexx321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #8
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Rexx321 Thanks for your input when I say his stays at 15amps I mean when initially plugged in it will go to 15amps and stays there where on my cart it will go to 10amps shut off then come back on and go to 10amps. They both will be at 0amps when we go back to play again.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you have a PD3 and a newer OBC what you see on the initial start is correct on your buddies and as it should be. Yours has control/feedback issues.

What Sergio told you is correct and I have an OEM Power Drive 3 on my '07 IQ cart and factory OBC and my batteries will be eight ( years old in June. I have US Batteries 4x12v's.

If you have all your connections cleaned and the cables are good, then the problem is with your OBC. If that is the case, you can contact David Hicks, Revolution Golf Cars for a new one or you can bypass it and go with a automatic charger like the DPI Accusense that others mentioned.

Good Luck with whatever you do.....

Note- Unless I missed it, I did not see your brand listing for the batteries. Hopefully they are a good name brand set.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:40 AM   #10
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Nolefan4ever When my buddy and I first got our batteries in we are thinking 2011 we put US Batteries in which he still has. I had mine replaced with Trojans in 2015 because of tis problem and now I can only make it 9 holes on the batteries I had installed in 2015. Something is killing the batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car