lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
phil1944
Not Yet Wild

Default Turn indicator question on Club Car Precedent.

The turn indicators on my 2013 Precedent have stopped working. It looks like there is flasher for right and one for left. Is that correct and if so, what are the chances both have gone bad? Emergency flashers do not work either. Can the flasher be tested or do I just have to buy a new one and try it?
phil1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turn indicator question on Club Car Precedent.

I just replaced mine with this one from Amazon with a built in beeper. Nowhere near as loud as the reverse buzzer. Better than driving along with turn signal on and not notice it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Turn indicator question on Club Car Precedent.

On most golf carts there is a flasher that controls both left and right and the emergency flashers. All this is usually controlled by the turn signal switch. Start by finding the flasher...it maybe located in a unusual place depending on who installed the T/S system...start by checking wires and output with a voltmeter. Or just replace the flasher but pay attention...the flasher can be unique and look at the terminals and number on the flasher before assuming you have the correct one.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
phil1944
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
On most golf carts there is a flasher that controls both left and right and the emergency flashers. All this is usually controlled by the turn signal switch. Start by finding the flasher...it maybe located in a unusual place depending on who installed the T/S system...start by checking wires and output with a voltmeter. Or just replace the flasher but pay attention...the flasher can be unique and look at the terminals and number on the flasher before assuming you have the correct one.
Thanks for the response. I have located the flashers and it seems there are two, left and right. I can operate turn signal and hear and feel the flasher operate, but not flash. I will probably start by replacing both. Doesn't seem likely that both would go bad at the same time, but stranger things happen.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Turn indicator question on Club Car Precedent.

Did somebody change the rear lights to LED? This could cause the flashers not to work...�� If you can feel them flash but the lights are not flashing then I don’t think the flashers are bad...check the bulbs you could have blown one filament out or somebody put the wrong bulbs in or the bulbs were forced in to the bulb holder and are not connecting properly or there is a grounding issue. Golf carts do NOT ground like a car...the ground comes from the voltage reducer or the battery pack depending on how it’s wired...
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
phil1944
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I just replaced mine with this one from Amazon with a built in beeper. Nowhere near as loud as the reverse buzzer. Better than driving along with turn signal on and not notice it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
phil1944
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Did somebody change the rear lights to LED? This could cause the flashers not to work...�� If you can feel them flash but the lights are not flashing then I don’t think the flashers are bad...check the bulbs you could have blown one filament out or somebody put the wrong bulbs in or the bulbs were forced in to the bulb holder and are not connecting properly or there is a grounding issue. Golf carts do NOT ground like a car...the ground comes from the voltage reducer or the battery pack depending on how it’s wired...
Thanks. They were working at one time, just quit. I'll check bulbs and chase the grounding.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car