lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor Upgrade

The most popular upgrade for this cart is Alltrax XCT400 controller and 200a solenoid. If flat ground you can do the XCT300 with stock solenoid but, the stock solenoid is not recommended for motor upgrades later. The XCT400 is good with any aftermarket motor later. Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #12
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The most popular upgrade for this cart is Alltrax XCT400 controller and 200a solenoid. If flat ground you can do the XCT300 with stock solenoid but, the stock solenoid is not recommended for motor upgrades later. The XCT400 is good with any aftermarket motor later. Hope this helps
Would the xct500 allow more speed than xct400 w stock motor? Only hill we have in Florida is going over bridge which is maybe 15 degree grade for 1/8 mile to reach top.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No, all of the XCT controller will allow the same 22-23 mph speed with the stock motor and the stock tires. For your generally flat street application there would no noticeable performance difference between the 400 and 500 amp controller. The 500 does include a fan kit but you can have that same fan installed on the 400 for $42 before it ships. The cooling fan will extend peak performance duration when controller overheating may have triggered a power cutback without additional cooling. The FSIP A3 motor is rapidly propelling my 2014 Precedent to 27.5 mph on stock tires. In open testing it reached 32mph but, I have set the rpm limit to 6000 for warranty purposes. Taller tires would net more speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #14
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No, all of the XCT controller will allow the same 22-23 mph speed with the stock motor and the stock tires. For your generally flat street application there would no noticeable performance difference between the 400 and 500 amp controller. The 500 does include a fan kit but you can have that same fan installed on the 400 for $42 before it ships. The cooling fan will extend peak performance duration when controller overheating may have triggered a power cutback without additional cooling. The FSIP A3 motor is rapidly propelling my 2014 Precedent to 27.5 mph on stock tires. In open testing it reached 32mph but, I have set the rpm limit to 6000 for warranty purposes. Taller tires would net more speed.
Perfect, just ordered controller from you.

Is there a way to rebuild stock motor to give performance you quoted wth the A3?

Old 04-17-2018, 01:12 AM   #15
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbuggy View Post
Perfect, just ordered controller from you.

Is there a way to rebuild stock motor to give performance you quoted wth the A3?

Hope you got the 500. A 500 is only a $20 or so premium on a 400 with fan kit.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #16
sandbuggy
Not Yet Wild

I went with the 400, though wish I would have gone with the 500... I think the 400 will take near 500, though would have been nice to have more wiggle room. Didn't see price was so close...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car