lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
tborb
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up RXV clicks but does move

My cart began stopping and then would lose power to a crawl. I would have to turn off and then back on; sometimes that would work. Other times I would have wait for hours and then it would work again. I also was advised to change the peddle, so i did. I also bought new batteries. Now it's fully charged and just clicks but does not move.

Has anyone experienced slow down and cut off issues with RXV? Thanks, Tom
tborb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV clicks but does move

It sounds like the motor brake is failing. If you decide to replace it ebay seems to have the best prices. Get the oem one. Follow the manual to replace or search this site for instructions.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #3
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Does the park brake hold when its off?Those are the worst carts both pedals need to be released fully.When they power up it does a self check the pedals park brake must be in good working order .You can pull off p a rk brake and inspect it if it smells like burnt wiring or the park brake disk is stripped out or broke needs replaced.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
tborb
Not Yet Wild

To rngilliland

I have not checked the motor brakes yet but will do so today...FYI - the brake is the one that automatically engages when the cart stops. It come off when the gas (Electric Power) pedal is pushed. Before it stopped completely, it would take several gas pedal pushes to move. I will check ebay for new one and replace. Thanks for the information!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
tborb
Not Yet Wild

To Roxyflash,

The cart does stay braked when the power is off. The brake automatically engages when the cart stopped (no pedal required to brake) The brakes disengages when the gas (Electric Power) pedal is pushed. Is it likely that there is not enough power getting to the brakes to disengage?

Thank you for the information!
Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Take a voltmeter to battery pack check pack voltage then watch it while you power it up see if it drops.sounds like you have voltage issue,being that it would slow down then not drive.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #7
rngilliland
Gone Wild

In my experience your symptoms are almost always because the brake is failing. When the cart would slow down did you notice a burnt wiring smell. If you did that is the brake dragging. When it drags it can slow down or even stop the cart.

When you turn the key on you should hear the solenoid click and then a noise from the brake. The brake noise is the controller checking the brake by applying power to the motor. If the brake doesn't keep the motor from turning then the cart won't run.

The brake dragging and it not passing the brake test when you turn the key on may seem like two different problems but they seem to go together. Like Roxyflash said make sure the pedals are releasing completely and you aren't pressing on them when you turn the key on.

By the way you have this posted in the Club Car forum. If you can get it moved or maybe make a new post in the Ezgo Electric forum you would get more responses. Search the Ezgo Electric forum and you will find a lot of posts about RXV brake problems that sound like yours.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car