lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Slow club car

83 Club Car DS 36v. Hey guys I just installed a lift on my cart and now it barely moves. I can go couple hundred yards and it slows to a crawl then stop moving. Idk if I jared something loose in the motor or if the motor is finally worn out but I checked all the batteries and their all getting the correct v checked the v’s going to the motor was I was getting 29.3 and climmbing when you pushed the pedal down. I know a lift can slow you down some but can’t be this bad. Please help idk what to do next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AEE7A7C9-6B53-4CAE-9210-EE090F8155D3.jpg (179.8 KB, 0 views)
Big_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Slows club car Pleae Help

I never lifted the 36v's we had much due to that reason. If your pack is strong and you are getting the voltage to the motor, I cannot think of anything you did wrong. Although it should NOT just stop moving as that is a sign of the pack getting very weak or depleted. Hook up a hand held DVM to the pack and watch the voltage as you go and I think you will see the problem....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:28 AM   #3
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok. I tried driving it again last night and just going the driveway it would maybe got 2mph. With the lights on you step on ge pedal they dim so low looks like you turned gem off. Idk if it’s my charger or not. Hooked it up and the meter was on 0 didn’t move for hours. But when I tested the pack as a whole I was getting 35.6v. There just no way a lift and tires can make it go that slow where it’s barely moves. I gotta be missing something.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:42 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

35.6v is all but depleted - there is your issue. That is at almost 30% charge. You should be at 38.22 volts to be 100%

Sounds like your charger is not charging or you have a bad battery(ies) or bad cables/connections.

If you suspect the charger after checking each individual battery and connection, then just hook you 12v automotive charger I see in your picture up to two (2) batteries in series (battery #1 Neg to battery #2 Pos) and charge them all in sets of two (#3 Neg to battery #4 Pos, #5 Neg to battery #6 Pos) until the whole pack is charged.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update: borrowed a charger and it got a full charge last night runs great again. Now I just need to get the charger fixed. Thank you NoleFan4Ever
Old 05-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default re: Slow club car

Glad it is like it should be... Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It’s the weirdest thing the charger kicks in and everything but for some reason not charging it. The meter stays at 0 when it’s on and “charging”. Any idea what it could be that’s causing it?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Put a meter on it while it's charging.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #9
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bad pack or dead cell in pack. My guess.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

There is a shorted cell or more likely a bad cable and it is breaking the series connection between the main pack Pos & main pack Neg... (unless the charger itself has a bad transformer)

Try the charger on another cart and/or load test each individual battery if you can AND check all the cables as one may have failed internally where you cannot see it...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car