lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart bucks as it comes to a stop

Have a 2012 Precedent with a 500 amp Alltrex and Admiral A4 motor. Just replaced my Mcor (Chinese brand not Mexico, not sure if that's my issue) and a new 400 amp solenoid. Took for a test drive and noticed my cart will buck as it coasts to a stop. It's like I'm lightly tapping the throttle but my foot is completely off. Any thoughts?
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart bucks as it comes to a stop

The Chinese are the problematic ones, but was it running fine before you replaced the MCOR or did you do all those listed changes at one time?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hook up the alltrax to the program.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #4
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The Chinese are the problematic ones, but was it running fine before you replaced the MCOR or did you do all those listed changes at one time?
Had throttle issues and installed the new Mcor (purchased from a site vendor) cart ran well for an hour or so. Charged cart and went to run again and it just shuttered and wouldn't move. Found the solenoid I had replaced 6 months ago wasn't closing. Replaced that today and now noticing the surging/bucking when coasting to a stop.
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Well the MCOR controls what you are describing, but as HTB mentioned, you can hook up the Alltrax Tool Kit and go to the monitor screen and see if your MCOR or something else is showing you any issues. I would certainly start there as it does not sound like the micro-switch inside the MCOR since you are off the pedal when it is bucking.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #6
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine does the same thing. Mine is so bad that it will chirp the tires. It's like it's gone into reverse or something. I have a 2010 PD (excel) with the 500 amp Altrax and the Admiral A-2. I also have the FNKS switch. I've hooked up the laptop and recorded several runs but never could find anything strange in the data. Replaced the MCOR using quality unit from sponsor here. A little better throttle response, but as expected it didn't solve the problem.

Thru trial and error I have found; It only bucks after coming off charge and only for a few minutes. After than it works perfectly for the rest of the day. I can park the cart and come back two hours later (cold) and it behaves normal. That's two hours without a charge.

As a work around, I've set the regen range to 0 - 100 amps. If I dial the regen knob back to "0" for the first few minutes of run time it doesn't buck at all. Then I dial the regen back to normal and it continues to act fine. If I dial the regen back to say 25%, the force of the buck is reduced proportionally as well. So apparently the issue has something to do with the regen system.

If you can try setting your regen to 0 and see if it eliminates your bucking.
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure you guys have "Over Voltage" set to 62v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #8
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Make sure you guys have "Over Voltage" set to 62v.
TAKE HEAD TAKE HEAD! THE ORACLE HATH SPOKEN. CURSED BE THE CART AND MAN THAT DENYETH THE ADVISE OF THE ORACLE SERGIO!

This is exactly the issue. Sergio yet again to save us all!
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #9
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Sergio. I verified that over voltage was set to 62V. Using the tool I was notified that there was an update to the tool, do I did that. Then using the updated tool I was notified that there was an update for the controller MOT-A2-V7 (I think), so I did that.

So as an experiment with the new controller update, I set the regen to 25% and took off for a quick spin and there was no bucking... Will need to experiment some more, but maybe this fixed the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car