lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #51
chadster33
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: V-glide Troubleshooting

Thanks Sergio - I'll be trying that this afternoon.
Thanks NOLE - you've mentioned before that new controller release "for not a whole lot of bucks". I haven't mentioned - but I'm fixing to move, plan to sell the cart, but wouldn't you know it has started acting up. I figured I'd be lucky to sell it for much more than $1,000 assuming it didn't have this problem. At some point it's not going to be worth fixing.
BTW - my controller clearly says 220Amp, and these new upgrades are talking 400 or 500 amps. Are we talking apples and oranges or is it really that improved?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller Label 1.jpg (185.2 KB, 0 views)
chadster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #52
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That was standard for that model, but the replacement is a XCT-300 and is what you would want. You should definitely shop around and see if you can find a used one (that works) and/or see if someone will rebuild that one.

If you were keeping it, I would buy the XCT-300 for sure, but if you are getting rid of it, minimize your cost and maximize your return.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #53
chadster33
Not Yet Wild

Latest update - I tried disconnecting the speed sensor; cart still failed after a few minutes of driving. Then bypassed the solenoid, connecting the controller directly to the A2 on the motor - same - cart fails after a few minutes of driving. The "A2" terminal on the controller is getting extremely hot.

Sad to say - sure looks like the controller, after a month of troubleshooting (it sure isn't the vglide, and sure isn't the solenoid). My plan is to open up the controller and take a peek inside. Will investigate finding a "rebuilt" as well as the new upgrade.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #54
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

This cable A2 terminal on the controller end may have a bad crimp and is heating up.
I would replace the cable just to be sure. Not sure if you did.

Maybe a motor issue and I would inspect it but it could just be a bad cable crimp or bad controller.

If motor was demanding more current than the controller can handle
the controller could shutdown due to thermal reasons and that A2 terminal would be hot.

Never opened one up but many have and there are threads about them.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #55
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Let us know what you find during your inspection.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #56
chadster33
Not Yet Wild

OK - been a few days. I did open up my controller. That was quite a chore and once inside I could see it was going to be a challenge to get in deeper to inspect specific components.
Meanwhile through a local cart shop I was put in touch with a guy from south FL who has a past with these units. He checks them out and repairs whatever he finds. He found two "burnt components", replaced them and we're back in business. I just came back from a long test drive and no failure occurred. The A2 terminal did not get hot but the the A1 started warming up.
I am wondering about lubrication - as in - is the motor working too hard? How is the transaxle lubricated? I'll be checking posts for that.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #57
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The XCT300-PDP for the Regen 2 cars is only a few weeks from it's official release. We have been through testing and we have a working prototype. I will post an announcement when they are available for purchase.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #58
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster33 View Post
The A2 terminal did not get hot but the the A1 started warming up.
That is normal under load.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #59
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster33 View Post
How is the transaxle lubricated? I'll be checking posts for that.
The little guy that cuts the light on everytime you open your fridge gets paid on the side for bathing in your gear oil as he slings it all around as the gear spins through it....

As long as your lube is up to the fill plug (or close to it) you should be fine.

Tags
v-glide
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car