lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Default Check/fill transaxle to plug level

2014 Cub Car Precedent.
New to me. Want to check everything. Cart came from a local country club but no idea of past maintenance.

Anyone have a clear photo or illustration of the correct location of the fill plug?
I think I found it but want to be sure.

Also I have read about checking the level and keep full.
Is it recommend to do a drain and refill or just top off?

Any tips I should know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0918_2.JPG (135.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by StarBreaker; 05-31-2018 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Add photo
StarBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Check/fill transaxle to plug level

It is located on the side of the transaxle and is a pipe plug. There is another one in the very bottom to drain it and a vent in the very top....

Rear End Lube Change:
-22oz's of 85w/90 synthetic rear end grease. Mobil 1 or any good quality type will work fine.
-Jack it up, pull the fill plug which is up the side of the housing. Then pull the drain plug and drain. (check oil for any foreign material)
-Reinstall the drain plug, stick your manual $8 lube pump tube (from Advance Auto Parts) in the fill hole (do not attempt to use the vent hole), lower the cart back level and pump it until it reaches the threads of the fill hole. (22 ounces + or - will get you there)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It is located on the side of the transaxle and is a pipe plug. There is another one in the very bottom to drain it and a vent in the very top....

Rear End Lube Change:
-22oz's of 85w/90 synthetic rear end grease. Mobil 1 or any good quality type will work fine.
-Jack it up, pull the fill plug which is up the side of the housing. Then pull the drain plug and drain. (check oil for any foreign material)
-Reinstall the drain plug, stick your manual $8 lube pump tube (from Advance Auto Parts) in the fill hole (do not attempt to use the vent hole), lower the cart back level and pump it until it reaches the threads of the fill hole. (22 ounces + or - will get you there)
Thanks for the quick response.

I know I am not looking at the exact manual for my cart but it says...........

oz.
(0.67
liters)
SAE
WT
API
Class
SE,
SF
or
SG
Oil
(or
higher)

I do have 85/90 synthetic rear end grease for other equipment on hand in my shop.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And the debate goes on....

I could say motor oil is for motors and gear lube is for gears, BUT, remember you are looking a manual that goes for "golf carts" on golf courses where you do not run the speeds, distance or load that "most" of us put on our slightly () modified carts....

You could put Wesson oil in it if you wanted if you are turning it slow enough and not loading it....

Here is the best info I can give you to show you the viscosity comparisons:

Oil Viscosity Chart.jpg
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:43 PM   #5
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
And the debate goes on....

I could say motor oil is for motors and gear lube is for gears, BUT, remember you are looking a manual that goes for "golf carts" on golf courses where you do not run the speeds, distance or load that "most" of us put on our slightly () modified carts....

You could put Wesson oil in it if you wanted if you are turning it slow enough and not loading it....

Here is the best info I can give you to show you the viscosity comparisons:

Attachment 170569
Thanks again for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car