lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 09 Precident throttle issues

New mcore. Controller just back from rebuild at FSIP Step on pedal lightly and 12 ft or so and dead. Full all at once and 2 ft dead. Up on jacks. Signal pin 1 wht blk(send) 4.60v return pin 2 yellow 4.59 at pedal down. Push down to 2.5 volts and will run 40 seconds or so and out put of controller goes dead. But signal and return pin 1 and 2 stay on with no change till pedal back at rest then they go to 0. My question is . Can i assume the problem is in the controller since the throttle send and return are both staying on even after it shuts off the output to motor? If it was the mcore switch shouldn`t the throttle signal go off indicating turning off the controller. Those stay normal till I let the pedal up then they go to 0.Also when I roll the cart the rev beep is working and the regen tries to slow it down as normal.
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 09 Precident throttle issues

Double check your troubleshooting by doing this. With key switch On, Run/Tow switch in the Run position, Fwd/Rev rocker switch in the Fwd position (and also have the back jacked up off the ground). Take your DVM and place the black (–) probe at the motor A2 (white wire) and connect the red (+) probe at the motor A1 (green wire) and slowly depress the Go Pedal. When the MCOR closes (clicks), the voltage reading should increase from ~5vdc gradually going up to to at least ~37vdc (could be higher) with the accelerator pedal fully pressed. Keep the probes hooked up once you have a steady state and if it goes erratic or drops off then your controller has failed internally since you have verified a steady input signal.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

OK. First Thanks for your reply. First time sol came on and as i went down with pedal. volts went steady increasing to 37.73 total time operating,about 34 seconds and volts became erratic then 1 second later motor quit and volts dropped to 0 .I let up pedal and repeated. sol came on just started to increase volts with pedal and at 3.36 went dead again. Let it up and tried again right away and no response from sol or volts. Waited 1 minute and tried . volts went to 21.46 and off it went. So right away barely gets started and down it goes and if I wait a minute or so It will run longer But always dies very soon.

On another note .

I thought it ODD that FSIP sent this controller back with no security seal on it if they ran it on final test. expecially after I called them to find out why they had it 2 wks . They told me their test machine was down and techs were working on it. Then suddenly it shipped that day !!! Appears like they stuck it in a box and HOPED IT WOULD BE OK !!! NOT ! OH WELL !! Back it goes. I WILL be on their phone at 8am tomorrow FOR SURE !!

Thanks again, I`m done BABBLING NOW !!

Last edited by steele; 06-10-2018 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: add ons
Old 06-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad you got it. Give'um HECK!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds to me like you are losing the 0v necessary to pull in the solenoid. Check voltage across the two small connectors on the solenoid with throttle depressed. Should be 48v. Also make sure the diode across the two small connectors isn't in backwards
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this is a 2009 model, make sure You don't have one of those TPS to MCOR adapter as they are prone to problems.

If You do and the cart is an IQ, just cut the wires before and after the adapter and splice them together color-to-color.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #7
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks,Sergio

Car had original mcore 2, No adapters. micro was dead. replaced with direct replacement mcore 2 worked good for 45 min of riding. controller went down. bad shorted. sent it to FSIP for rebuild.They said arm and field ic`s were shorted and logic board was bad. it came back with this problem when installed. Going back today
Old 06-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #8
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks WalterM6.
Those wires haven`t been removed or tampered with since mcore went down after 1.5 years of riding by customer.

Could a controller failure cause a failed diode and cause this symtom?
Old 06-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Could a controller failure cause a failed diode
The likely cause would be the diode incorrectly installed but anything is possible. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the reason Alltrax no longer recommends installing the diode.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Alltrax doesn't need it anymore because they built into the controller its own protection from the magnetic field collapsing when the solenoid opens.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car