lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
robmb0014
Not Yet Wild

Default Dream Build

Hello Everyone,

New member here but enjoy reading everyones input. I am about to start a new build and wanted some options on the best cart to go with. I have always ran ez go carts and had great luck with them. I spoke with the guys as plum quick the other day and they tried to steer me toward a club car. Are there any advantages to swapping over to to a club car as far as motor upgrades? Also if you were to build the ultimate hunting cart with the most speed, torque and range what options with you go with. Include cart type, motor and controller you would use. I am looking at a few different series motor carts but can't decide what to go with. Thanks in advance.
robmb0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
Motohustle
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dream Build

Ahh you inquired for me! Lol thank you for asking this question ive been wanting to! I keep reading and reading and reading I get thrown in so many different directions based every different post everyone has a different idea which were all great hopefully this will be the end all of discovery! [emoji38] Thanks for posting !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Motohustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club Car Precedent 2014 or newer. Alltrax xct with 2AWG wires and 400A solenoid. HD rear springs. 4 or 6 inch lift. Plum Quick or Admiral motor.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
robmb0014
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohustle View Post
Ahh you inquired for me! Lol thank you for asking this question ive been wanting to! I keep reading and reading and reading I get thrown in so many different directions based every different post everyone has a different idea which were all great hopefully this will be the end all of discovery! [emoji38] Thanks for posting !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

haha. I knew I couldn't have been the only one wonder this!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
robmb0014
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Club Car Precedent 2014 or newer. Alltrax xct with 2AWG wires and 400A solenoid. HD rear springs. 4 or 6 inch lift. Plum Quick or Admiral motor.

Thanks for the info Htownblue. How man amp controller are you running on your cart and are you running a plum quick motor? How is the torque and top end speed?
Old 06-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmb0014 View Post
Thanks for the info Htownblue. How man amp controller are you running on your cart and are you running a plum quick motor? How is the torque and top end speed?
It really depends on what you want out of your cart. The Bandit and Admiral can both provide more speed. If you need more torque, use an Admiral motor with the controller mapped for torque. 400 or 500 Amps will usually be more than what most people “need”.

I’ve had success with both brands of motors. And been very happy.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car