lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Torn down to frame.. what else?

I’ve taken my 2008 precedent down as far as I’m going to(I think). I’m adding 3”lift, rear dual action springs, new 48v batteries, Alltrax 400 & solenoid, 2 gauge cables. I’ve also wire brushed and treated the corroded aluminum and going to coat in self etching primer. Should I seal the primer with some other top coating? And Anything else I should do while she’s mostly bare?
I’m also adding 20” all terrain on new wheels, double take aluminum max 5 rear seat kit with all new front/rear matching cushions, and extended roof. Along with all new stereo components ( New BT Marine receiver, 2500w marine amp, 4polk db 6.5’s + Kicker 10” comp Rt sealed sub). New windshield, steering wheel, dash, LED light kit, turn signals, and having body panels painted... . I guess I would have been ahead of the game Just buying a new cart.. but then I wouldn’t be having so much fun.. ha.

This was her before...
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Torn down to frame.. what else?

Unless you are going to sandblast all the corroded areas down to virgin metal do not "seal" it up. You are merely incubating the corrosion in the pitted metal. Best protection to slow down the process is a product like Fliud Film, or bar and chain oil applied to the corroded areas.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

While you have it down this far I would pull the motor and replace the motor shaft bumper and grease the shaft with some anit-seize based on where the cart is used. Won’t get much easier than now.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
While you have it down this far I would pull the motor and replace the motor shaft bumper and grease the shaft with some anit-seize based on where the cart is used. Won’t get much easier than now.
I’m afraid if I take the motor off, I’ll order a new one. Ha. But I think I will do it just to get a look. What is a motor shaft bumper? I can’t really find any info on it. And you recommend anti seize over normal grease I put in zerk fitting?

And thanks to Dundee for the corrosion advice.. sounds easier than what I was going to do, as well.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure while you have it tore down to run all wiring needed for stereo and lights, much easier with it tore down to run everything. Looking good!
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
I’m afraid if I take the motor off, I’ll order a new one. Ha. But I think I will do it just to get a look. What is a motor shaft bumper? I can’t really find any info on it. And you recommend anti seize over normal grease I put in zerk fitting?

And thanks to Dundee for the corrosion advice.. sounds easier than what I was going to do, as well.
Motor bumper is basically a rubber insert that goes in between the motor shaft and the input spline. Ergo number is 24261G1 Keeps everything snug. And yes anti seize over grease. Grease drys out.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car