lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Checking Motor

Ok my Seminole friend, jacked up the cart and mashed pedal, cart wanted to jump and surge a bit but would not really take off. The right back wheel tried to spin slowly.

I checked the solenoid and had like 49 volts on one side and nothing on the positive side. I took solid blue and white and blue off and kept pedal mashed and checked for continuity and showed none.

So I guess I need a solenoid. I have a 300amp controller so would I need a 300amp solenoid? Who would you suggest to order this from?
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Ok my Seminole friend, jacked up the cart and mashed pedal, cart wanted to jump and surge a bit but would not really take off. The right back wheel tried to spin slowly.

I checked the solenoid and had like 49 volts on one side and nothing on the positive side. I took solid blue and white and blue off and kept pedal mashed and checked for continuity and showed none. Where was this 49vdc at? Not on the large posts I hope.... The continuity check would be between the 2 small posts to insure your energizing coil is not shorted

So I guess I need a solenoid. I have a 300amp controller so would I need a 300amp solenoid? Who would you suggest to order this from?
Please double check my notes above as I want to be sure we tested as needed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #13
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Please double check my notes above as I want to be sure we tested as needed.
When you say check the small terminals for continuity, am I supposed to hook the wires back up to the big terminals first? Also When you say take all wires loose from small terminals, I have a diode that jumps between the 2 small terminals so do I need to remove that also to check continuity?
Old 06-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You can leave the large posts cables in place (attached).

The small posts remove everything just to be sure.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #15
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Ok I just got back up from my shop. with the large cables still attached I checked from the negative side and got 50.4 volts... From the other side I get nothing.

I removed all wires from the small terminals including the diode jumper wire. No continuity. On Ohms I get a large number like 240 and when I switch my meter to continuity function it does not beep.

When I first press the pedal, the back wheel just jumps and surges the motor but will not turn. After a minute of it doing this while Im checking stuff it even stops doing that.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #16
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Anybody got a guess?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:23 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sorry, I cannot follow your reporting back as it does not follow mine. Answer below to both....

(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc
3- Do you have an MCOR?

(And I am out so I may or may not be back on later)
Old 06-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #18
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Yes on the MCOR and PM sent with more dumb questions?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Responded.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 PM   #20
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Just in case somebody reads through this thread and reads some of the questions asked and responded back by NoleFan.. Well there were a lot of questions and answers you didn't see. But let me tell you this guy is great and I thank the NolFan from the bottom of my wifes gator-loving heart...

He spend a lot of his time helping me diagnose my problem and he is a great dude... Very smart and good on these carts and all the electrical behind them and he didn't mind helping a member out..
Thanks again NolFan...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car