lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Speed sensor or alltrax controller

I think my speed sensor is bad. It doesn’t beep coasting back anymore and it only goes 8 or 9mph. I was wandering instead of spending the $100 on a new one could i buy a alltrax or some other controller that doesn’t use the speed sensor. My cart is a 2014 club car precident JE are the letters in the serial number. I just bought it from someone that bought it from Jakes as a left over last year it only has a couple hours on it and the speed sensor went already. This is a common problem with the club cars. Why replace it then have to get a new one next year.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. This is my first golf cart. I know nothing about them except what i have been reading on this forum the last month or so. Thank you Jerry
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed sensor or alltrax controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
I think my speed sensor is bad. It doesn’t beep coasting back anymore and it only goes 8 or 9mph. I was wandering instead of spending the $100 on a new one could i buy a alltrax or some other controller that doesn’t use the speed sensor. My cart is a 2012 club car precident JE are the letters in the serial number. I just bought it from someone that bought it from Jakes as a left over last year it only has a couple hours on it and the speed sensor went already. This is a common problem with the club cars. Why replace it then have to get a new one next year.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. This is my first golf cart. I know nothing about them except what i have been reading on this forum the last month or so. Thank you Jerry
Could i put a different motor in it would that do the trick because I will probably be getting a new controller and motor eventually.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

All sepex carts need a functioning speed sensor. Might as well just get a motor if it’s in your future plan anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
I think my speed sensor is bad. It doesn’t beep coasting back anymore and it only goes 8 or 9mph. I was wandering instead of spending the $100 on a new one could i buy a alltrax or some other controller that doesn’t use the speed sensor. My cart is a 2014 club car precident JE are the letters in the serial number. I just bought it from someone that bought it from Jakes as a left over last year it only has a couple hours on it and the speed sensor went already. This is a common problem with the club cars. Why replace it then have to get a new one next year.

As E36 said, you will need that speed sensor on a SepEx system as you are in "Limp" mode right now....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok any suggestions on what motor to get or should i just send it in to plumb quick.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Nothing wrong with Plum Quick. You can also use an Admiral A2 or an A4 in that cart.

Revolution Golf Cars https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/motors

Carts Unlimited http://www.cartsunlimited.net/motors.html
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car