lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #1
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax XCT 48400 Won’t Power On

Last Friday I installed an 400 amp Alltrax XCT controller and 200 HD solenoid on my 2007 Precedent that I got from ScottyB in the classifieds here. Went pretty smooth with no real issues other than a minor hiccup of the controller being programmed for the wrong throttle, but after messing with the software I got that fixed pretty easily. Took it for a test run and all seemed well.

Saturday my new set of 2 gauge cables showed up so I was going to finish the job. Got them all switched out and now I can’t get the green LED on the controller to power up. It was working Friday and not working Saturday after installing new cables so I was 99% sure it was just a loose connection somewhere or one of my crimps was bad. I double and triple checked everything and it is all tight. I tried bypassing the OBC with a jumper to see if maybe I screwed up the OBC pulling the 2 gauge cable through but that didn’t do it.

I have pack voltage at approximately 50 volts according to my dash volt meter and I can plug in my laptop to the controller and get it to power on. I tried to do some searching on here and it seems the likely culprit is the 16 pin connector maybe? I let my buddy borrow my multimeter so I couldn’t check for power there yesterday but I will do that later today. Am I on the right track? Anything else I am missing and should check? I’d call tech support and walk through it with them but I work the same hours they are open so I thought I would start here as this place has been a huge resource in the short time I have owned this cart. Any help or direction is appreciated.
Lrbergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XCT 48400 Won’t Power On

First, if You have a diode on the solenoid small posts, remove it (or at least make sure the polarity is correct).

The original cart power 16ga red wire was "combo" crimped with the pack positive battery cable at the solenoid big post.

Did You remember to terminate that wire on the same solenoid big post?

Did You already check the 15 amp fuse in the fuse holder near the controller?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
First, if You have a diode on the solenoid small posts, remove it (or at least make sure the polarity is correct).

The original cart power 16ga red wire was "combo" crimped with the pack positive battery cable at the solenoid big post.

Did You remember to terminate that wire on the same solenoid big post?

Did You already check the 15 amp fuse in the fuse holder near the controller?
I did not install the diode as the instructions I received said not to install it.

I was pretty careful to do one post at a time to make sure all the combo crimped cables went back where they were supposed to go. I’ll double check when I get home though just to make sure.

I did check the fuse as well and all looked good there.

I can take some pictures when I get home too to see if anything jumps out if you think that would be beneficial.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pictures if anybody sees anything I am missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alltrax 1.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg alltrax 2.jpg (85.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg alltrax 3.jpg (98.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Alltrax 4.jpg (89.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Lrbergin; 06-26-2018 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Pictures
Old 06-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most likely the solenoid is not clicking either........in which case the problem is in the solenoid (low side) wiring not the cables
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Most likely the solenoid is not clicking either........in which case the problem is in the solenoid (low side) wiring not the cables
You are correct...the solenoid is not clicking. Trying to get some pictures up. That really helps and if it's that easy I'm going to feel like an idiot. I'll be a happy idiot though.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, the solenoid could never click since the controller is not powering up.....
Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you changed the solenoid cables there was a small wire on one of the posts with the main battery cable.... is it still there?
Is it dangling unhooked?
Did it get put on the (wrong) other post?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #9
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
When you changed the solenoid cables there was a small wire on one of the posts with the main battery cable.... is it still there?
Is it dangling unhooked?
Did it get put on the (wrong) other post?
I did put that red wire back. I marked both sides of the connector so I wouldn't forget where it goes. The only thing on the solenoid I think I could have done wrong was switch the blue and blue/white wires. I hooked them up the same way as when it was working though so I think it is ok.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Remove the pre-charge resistor from the Solenoid big posts.

You should have a diode, referenced as "Regen Diode" with the banded side towards the battery between the Solenoid big posts.

If You already checked the fuse in fuse holder shown, double check that no wires came OFF the key switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car