lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
davidmduke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Cart Envy Already

Hi all,

I’m new to carting and purchased a 2011 Club Car Precendent a few months ago. I use it almost daily for riding around the neighborhood and can get about 14mph. I thought that was enough until...

Last week, we vacationed in Destin and the house we rented came with two carts. A 36v 6 seater that went 23mph and a 48v 4 seater that went 18. Both were ezgo.

Now I have the fever for speed. But I’m not too technical.

So the big ask is this: upgrade to another cart with the speed already there or keep what I have and alter it with new controller and maybe a new motor (with new solenoid and cables)?

Modifications seem rather expensive from my research. It appears almost cheaper to trade in and buy a ready made cart.

Please share your thoughts?
davidmduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: Cart Envy Already

you sould be able to do a speed4 setup at a cart shop.
That would do about 19.6 mph then...
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
davidmduke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’ve been reading about the Alltrax XCT controller that would allow user modifications using a USB printer cable and a laptop. It’s a $400 upgrade but it would get me out the the locked Curtis controller environment.
davidmduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmduke View Post
I’ve been reading about the Alltrax XCT controller that would allow user modifications using a USB printer cable and a laptop. It’s a $400 upgrade but it would get me out the the locked Curtis controller environment.
You are right about that, and you can sell the working Curtis to defray the cost.
For 10 reasons Alltrax should be your next controller go here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html

Or visit the Alltrax website for more info here > https://alltraxinc.com/
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car