lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #11
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Club Car Assistance (48volt)

One other thing I noticed while looking at the diagram...

According to the diagram the controller has a white wire coming from slot A2 and going to the solenoid. Then it has the white wire going from the solenoid to the motor at A2.

On this cart the white wire is going directly from the controller A2 slot to the motor A2 slot bypassing the solenoid.
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
I followed your steps to test the solenoid and step 1 isn’t giving me any readings.
Then you are not getting the 48v Pos (+). Listen at the V-glide/Potentiometer and see if you here it click when depressing the pedal. If so, check the voltage coming out of the micro-switch and see if you have it. If I remember correctly it is the Blue wire coming in from the key switch for supply voltage to the switch and then when the switch closes, the Green/White wire coming out the micro-switch should have pack voltage.

Edited for info:
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
On this cart the white wire is going directly from the controller A2 slot to the motor A2 slot bypassing the solenoid.
That is a normal practice. That solenoid failed at some point and they bypassed it and "hopefully" unplugged the speed sensor at the motor, too!

Look underneath it and tail-end of the motor and make sure the 3 wire connector is unplugged (and taped up on both ends to save the connectors)
Old 07-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Then you are not getting the 48v Pos (+). Try this next. Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and connected to a linkage from the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. Then retry Step #1 again and see if you get pack voltage.
Nole, the OP probably won't find an MCOR on a Regen 2 cart that hasn't been converted to IQ harness.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Nole, the OP probably won't find an MCOR on a Regen 2 cart that hasn't been converted to IQ harness.
Lol! Helping to many people at one time You are right, it is a VS potentiometer...(And I even sent him a drawing showing it....) Thanks - changed it.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #16
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Then you are not getting the 48v Pos (+). Listen at the V-glide/Potentiometer and see if you here it click when depressing the pedal. If so, check the voltage coming out of the micro-switch and see if you have it. If I remember correctly it is the Blue wire coming in from the key switch for supply voltage to the switch and then when the switch closes, the Green/White wire coming out the micro-switch should have pack voltage.

Edited for info:
Thanks a ton for all the help on this. I feel like I am getting somewhere... I just don’t know where yet :) My multimeter skills have gone from a 0 to a solid 1 or 2 out of 10 though!

So when I depress the pedal I do hear the Potentiometer click. It is more of a mechanical click than like an electrical solenoid kind of click though. So the blue wire had butt connectors on it as in the attached picture. I was able to pull pack voltage off of it.

I re-connected it after I was done testing it then found the green/white wire coming out of the Potentiometer. It also had a butt connector on it as pictured so I stuck the probe on it and was able to watch it get pack voltage when I pressed on the gas pedal.

I saw the wires hanging out of the end of the motor. What I am guessing you are referring to as the speed sensor. I have attached a picture of it. It is still connected. Should I disconnect it? When rebuilding this cart should we replace the second solenoid and hook it up correctly including the speed sensor? Or are we better off just removing the second solenoid from the cart and correctly bypassing the speed sensor?
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, unplug the speed sensor as it you get the cart going, you will get a violent reaction when you let of the gas pedal as the dynamic brake solenoid is bypassed. And yes, you can completely remove that solenoid if you like.

If you have voltage coming from the Potentiometer, then see what you have coming out the Fwd switch. And make sure no wires are broken at the sonic weld the red/white wire is connected too. Be sure to use your drawing to trace all this out and seek the problem.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car