lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
foxdelke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 87 - 2 stroke Loss of power when hot

I have an 87 Ezgo with 244 cc, 2 stroke. Initially the cart would get warm and stall. It was also hard starting even when cold. I replaced the fuel pump as there was air and little appearance of fuel from gas tank in the fuel lines. I eventually found a weak or no or intermitant spark at the plug (new NGK). I replaced the coil with an automotive coil. This smartened everything up. If I don't push it hard, everything runs fine. If I get the engine heated up, it bogs down with low to no power. Doesn't help if I pull on the choke which indicates I may still be having electrical problems. Two questions. 1. Is a coil a coil, or should I replace with factory coil if I can find one? 2. Could the igniter be faulty?

Could it be something else. I have taken the muffler off, cut the end off, plus made a window to inspect and clean carbon out and welded all back together. It was clean.

Any help welcome.
foxdelke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO