lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
6point1SRT
Getting Wild

Default Thinking of purchasing a used Precedent

Looking for tips on looking at gas precedents. I have a 2010 electric but would like to purchase a gas. Are certain years better than others? Different motors across the year? Carbs vs. fuel injection?

Thanks for any tips.
6point1SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Thinking of purchasing a used Precedent

I had a 2008 with the Kawasaki FE350 and it was a great cart. I had it running low 20MPH with a lift and big tires.

Now I have a 2017 with the Subaru engine EFI and I have it running in the same configuration in the low 20's. I'm sure I could get a little more out of it but I don't really need any more than 20 or so.

The difference between the two is the Subaru has a lot more torque. I can stop on very steep hills and it will pull up it without any issues at all. It also will maintain speed going up inclines where the 2008 I had would lose a little speed on a slight incline. I also use the cart for yard work and I pull my utility trailer out of my back garage with it. It just plain has more power then the carbureted Kawasaki engine.
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car