lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
Blue Bull Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch spring weights and Uni Filters...

As I have looked around for information on the heavy duty clutch springs. There are obviously several different places that sell them but there doesn't seem to be any standards for color or any information listed as to the weight of the spring/s itself. I come from the old school era of dealing with Comet clutches on snowmobiles where there were different colors for each setting.

Is there a standard for these cart springs on the drive and driven clutches (color, size etc.) or are they pretty much all the same?

I would like to know what I am changing out to before I put it in so I know which direction to go should it not perform the way I want it to.

As far as air filters go, I have had a lot of success with the Uni Filter on my motorcycles and the way they performed. Most of the ads say use the K&N (I'm not sold on or against using one) but going with my years of experience using both the K&N and Uni Filter on cars and motorcycles I prefer one over the other. The carb on the Club Car looks to be 1.5".

Anyone with experience here that has removed the stock airbox and used something besides the K&N?
Blue Bull Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Clutch spring weights and Uni Filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull Cart View Post
As I have looked around for information on the heavy duty clutch springs. There are obviously several different places that sell them but there doesn't seem to be any standards for color or any information listed as to the weight of the spring/s itself. I come from the old school era of dealing with Comet clutches on snowmobiles where there were different colors for each setting.

Is there a standard for these cart springs on the drive and driven clutches (color, size etc.) or are they pretty much all the same?

I would like to know what I am changing out to before I put it in so I know which direction to go should it not perform the way I want it to.

As far as air filters go, I have had a lot of success with the Uni Filter on my motorcycles and the way they performed. Most of the ads say use the K&N (I'm not sold on or against using one) but going with my years of experience using both the K&N and Uni Filter on cars and motorcycles I prefer one over the other. The carb on the Club Car looks to be 1.5".

Anyone with experience here that has removed the stock airbox and used something besides the K&N?
It's really hard to get a club car to run right without an airbox.you're better off using a free flowing filter in the airbox.
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:28 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittrick.joe View Post
It's really hard to get a club car to run right without an airbox.you're better off using a free flowing filter in the airbox.

The K&N #33-2022 filter is the exact replacement for use in the stock air box.
and to again agree with Joe, (per your other thread) the stock jet with a K&N filter at your elevation should work just fine.

034.JPG

As for clutch springs,
For as long as I've been on this forum, it's to my understanding that there are only two springs for each of the stock clutches,
~Drive clutch - stock, and 200 rpm
~Driven clutch - stock, and torque.

As for their colors? there really isn't an ANSI spec, because, well?... it's just a golf car!
So I'll take a random guess that the spring manufactures paint them whatever color they like.

It's also always been to my understanding that...
using BOTH the 200 rpm, and torque springs at the same time tend to have a pretty hard jerk at start out. (whiplash)

If it were me?
I'd start out with just the Driven clutch spring and maybe getting it machined at Cart Parts Plus. (and a severe duty drive belt)
Hopefully your Driven clutch won't be too difficult to remove... there are lots of horror stories about that!

Something else to keep in mind... the FE290 is just a "one lung" 9.5 hp engine, there's only so much it can do!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:47 AM   #4
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Do they make an aftermarket filter for a 2008 Club Car Precedent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car