lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Question Anyone have any experience with Evolution Forester golf cart or Icons?

Does anyone have any experience with Evolution or Icon golf carts?

For the Evolution Forester 6 plus, right around $11.5k, I can get it loaded. I'd expect the Icon to be similar. See it here.

The Icon i60L I was looking at can be seen here. The concern being that I live in CA and there are zero dealers in the state, so maintenance if there's an issue seems like it could be impossible.

My parents (in FL) have an Icon and love it, but after talking to a dealer he says they're great except if there's a problem they can't get any parts for weeks. He says the company (Icon) is pretty new too, so that worries me a little. The dealer was pushing me towards the evolutions.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Evolution Forester golf cart or Icons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Evolution or Icon golf carts?

For the Evolution Forester 6 plus, right around $11.5k, I can get it loaded. I'd expect the Icon to be similar. See it here.

The Icon i60L I was looking at can be seen here. The concern being that I live in CA and there are zero dealers in the state, so maintenance if there's an issue seems like it could be impossible.

My parents (in FL) have an Icon and love it, but after talking to a dealer he says they're great except if there's a problem they can't get any parts for weeks. He says the company (Icon) is pretty new too, so that worries me a little. The dealer was pushing me towards the evolutions.
Actually ICON is assembled in Tampa Fl.. Parts timely delivery is not a problem
for ICON parts orders here in Florida where your parents live. My dealer's driver goes weekly to ICON Tampa to pick up new carts, brings back parts as needed...I ordered a tinted windshield dealer had it in a couple of days..not weeks as you say dealer suggested regarding ICON

All ICON carts in my neighborhood running well all owners happy with them.

Check out this link..

ICONEV.com

Yet with all things ymmv...

Hope this helps some
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Evolution Forester golf cart or Icons?

I am always unsure of carts not made by the big 3 manufacturers. I would really like to hear an update on how these carts are doing 5 and 7 years down the road. I am very weary. I see Tomberlain carts (same type of new brand) on craigslist all the time that people dump and need parts for. They were expensive carts when new then are sold for under $1k.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
Johnnyboy10
Not Yet Wild

Reviving this thread - i am debating between Icon or Evolution - Evolution looks like it has a ton of technology in it so leaning towards that...
Johnnyboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Not much info on Evolution...but there is plenty on ICON
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:02 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyboy10 View Post
Reviving this thread - i am debating between Icon or Evolution - Evolution looks like it has a ton of technology in it so leaning towards that...
Like what?
Old 03-09-2021, 07:54 AM   #7
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I was torn between a few options including the ICON. I am VERY pleased with the ICON. Great setup and brakes really change the driving experience. Solid build. Only hiccup was the battery meter not resetting correctly. One of the partners of ICON is on the ICON owners FB group and actively handles issues and troubleshoots concerns. They ended up identifying that a new display needed to be installed. You could either go through dealer and wait or send him an email and they'd ship you one. I had a new one less than 24 hours after emailing him. 20 second swap out job.

Support has been unbelievable and youll be hard pressed to find an ICON owner not happy with their decision. Best bang for the book and honestly, you aren't compromising on much unless you are like me and were looking at a 72V EZGO or a gas cart. But any 48V setup compared to this is hard to beat
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:02 PM   #8
valholiday01
Not Yet Wild

I have the Evolution 4 seater with 110AH Lithium. I have 1,000 miles now. I live in a very hilly, gate guarded community. The ONLY problem I have had is not a problem with the cart;

Upon first taking the cart out, at 100% charge, at the first stop DOWN the hill, the cart would always shut off for about one minute.

I was told by the salesperson, the regenerative brake system was trying to charge a battery that was already at or near 100%.

So now, I take an alternative route with a less steep hill. Problem solved.

I am thrilled with the Evolution. We plan on selling this one and buying the 6 seater very soon. The neighbor is all set to buy this one, once we upgrade
valholiday01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:55 AM   #9
Brent_Blacke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any updates from any Evolution owners?
Brent_Blacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:10 PM   #10
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent_Blacke View Post
Any updates from any Evolution owners?
I'd love to hear some more Evolution feedback. In California, apparently state "emissions" are a hurdle for ICON to overcome...with their electric carts?

My dealer is reporting they haven't been able to get VINs for them because of it and it seems like ICON isn't being as active in CA anymore? I'm wondering if they're overwhelmed or if they can't get through the CA emissions red tape?

Tags
evolution, forester, i60, i60l, icon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts