lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2022, 11:42 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2015 precident w subaru efi motor surging

Just for knowledge on the forum could you post the part number of the injector you used?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2022, 01:01 PM   #12
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just for knowledge on the forum could you post the part number of the injector you used?
Interested as well. I've had a couple of these come to the shop and also gagged on that Club Car OE solution.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

For what it’s worth, this stuff is gold. Phenomenal it works so well

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota-Pr...02891PF14.html

You do need a tool to use the cleaner
https://parts.sparkstoyota.com/p/PFI...891PF0001.html

The tool is basically an on/off nozzle that screws into the can of cleaner, and has a hose that connects to the fuel rail on a car or in this case the injector or fuel line. Super easy to use just hook it up to the fuel rail and pull the connector off the fuel pump so it doesn’t turn on. Run the engine off of the cam until it’s empty. Then hook everything back up and you’re good as new. You’d be surprised how many cars I’ve saved hundreds of dollars worth of fuel injectors and lines with a $20 can of cleaner
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:24 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

One of my GM mechanic buddies uses the same kinda thing but made by GM. Works really well but not sure how you would hook it up to the cart’s fuel rail. Does it have a port?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
not sure how you would hook it up to the cart’s fuel rail. Does it have a port?
The cart does not have a fuel rail, it is just a hose directly from the pump to the injector clamp. so if the tool CP241 has linked to ( the link only takes me to a site, not a product ) is a pressurised container that you fill with cleaner and connect to the rail, run the engine until it is empty, I am sure it could be modified to work.

The only disadvantage is that it will not clean out the debris from the inlet side of the injector, it is designed for cleaning out the spray nozzles. I will come clean here and tell you that I attempted to use a similar device and it was not effective. I actually spent a long time trying to do this job properly and was unsuccessful, that is why ended up doing things my way.

The part number for the Subaru injector is FBYCG50-500 and sold For a Subaru Legacy MK IV 2.0i AWD 2003-2009.

You will not find many suppliers that would stock this item, but I found them in packs of four from China.

Since I first posted about this, I have found out more interesting information. The EFI engine is basically the same item as the carbureted EX40 engine and it looks like you can use the carb for this as a conversion to normally aspirated and remove the EFI parts. a minor modification to the throttle linkage and you would need to install a low pressure fuel pump using the existing pump wiring, and then either figure out taking the ECU out of the equation or ignore the diagnostic lamp as the ECU will not be getting feedback from the engine sensors. Another option appears to be that there is a supply of EX40 engines available that will bolt straight in and replace the EFI engine completely. Just need again to do a bit of wiring modification to use without the ECU. These engines are available from around 400 bucks.

Any of these options are do-able and way cheaper than an OEM repair at 2 grand!

To answer an earlier question. Fuel pump pressure should be around 36-37 PSI for the EFI pump setup.

If going with a carb conversion, the high pressure pump could probably be used with a pressure regulator installed in the fuel line to the carb, or maybe even a simple T connector with a return line to the tank.

This will be useful to many of you too.

http://golftechs.us/Manuals/Subaru%2...e%20Manual.pdf

EDIT.

You may find these injectors on Ebay etc but in the UK, i could not find any stockists.

2nd EDIT.

Found em for you.

https://www.amazon.com/EMIAOTO-FBYCG.../dp/B087JSPG1C

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000096116995.html
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:10 PM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

This is the the wonder of google!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265113757543

You might have to source a different drive clutch, but again it would still be cheaper than a new ECU and throttle body.

This would be the better option if the injector is not the problem and you have a faulty MAP sensor on the throttle body. I cannot find anything to replace the MAP sensor anywhere currently.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:35 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I can take a picture of my tool tomorrow. It’s basically a fitting with an on/off valve and a bunch of various adapters and fittings to fit an assortment of fuel line connects. Threaded and the quick connect squeeze lock type.

CM is correct, it would attach to the fuel line. There would have to be a disconnect either at the fuel pump or even just plug into the injector itself.

I don’t know about other types of cleaners, but the Toyota brand cleaning chemical is insanely strong and dissolves pretty much anything.

I hadn’t thought about a carb conversion. Don Plowman may actually be a good source of information here… not necessarily for the Subaru or kohler engines but I know he’s done the same efi to carb conversion on the Yamaha engines. So any learning curves or unexpected hurdles that may arise he has probably already cleared…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:17 AM   #18
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I believe the change from throttle body to carb is going to be straightforward but eliminating the ECU will be the issue. I will take a closer look when back at work to see what values are needed to fool the ECU into seeing the MAP sensor. The engine temp sensor can stay as is I assume, the fuel pump may or may not be sensed and the injector connection may need a resistor across it. Can't be too difficult and it would save a lot of wiring alterations being required.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:20 AM   #19
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I can take a picture of my tool tomorrow. …
Here we go again. How many times must I remind you to check which forum you are logged into.

On a more ( Or less ) serious note, I found a like minded guy on Youtube who pretty much did the same as me, only with more basic tools, so it looks like anyone can do it.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car