lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Exclamation Key is not unique on the ICON?

I have an I40L and an I60L and each came with 2 keys. For some reason I never bothered to try this until now, but all 4 keys work on each cart!

I see a few other ICON carts on the streets around me and now I'm worried about some random just driving mine away!

Anyone else notice this?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Key is not unique on the ICON?

We sell ICON and the keys are the same...this goes for every brand though not just ICON unless you purchase a unique key switch from dealer... Most EZ Go keys work for EZ Gos, most Club Car keys work in all Club Cars, Although Yamaha has 3 different keys or more they have switched a few times over the years...Scary but most people are unaware of this .
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
yubakram
Not Yet Wild

We have very mischievous neighbors that have Icons and want to make sure our new Icon does not go "missing". After deciding not to have the key changed, the dealer is adding a "kill switch" to our i40 being built this week for no additional cost. I worked with the dealer to designate the "spot" to install.
yubakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubakram View Post
We have very mischievous neighbors that have Icons and want to make sure our new Icon does not go "missing". After deciding not to have the key changed, the dealer is adding a "kill switch" to our i40 being built this week for no additional cost. I worked with the dealer to designate the "spot" to install.
Get a wheel bootclamp...something like this:
extra backup

https://www.amazon.com/Zone-Wheel-Se...s%2C188&sr=8-4
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon