lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #21
daveog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headlight adjustment

My headlights are now fine...love my Icon!
daveog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2021, 11:47 AM   #22
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Using pliers to turn them sounds like the answer. It’s just so hard to get a good grip on them with your fingers. I will have to give this a try. Thanks.
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:24 PM   #23
daveog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headlight adjustment...pictures

Pictures from doing adjustment to headlights...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210701_174023.jpg (92.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210701_174504.jpg (187.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210701_174353.jpg (175.6 KB, 0 views)
daveog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:41 AM   #24
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH711 View Post
Using pliers to turn them sounds like the answer. It’s just so hard to get a good grip on them with your fingers. I will have to give this a try. Thanks.
Well, I tried. For me it seems impossible to get the pliers to the bottom knob. I have enough trouble reaching it blindly with my bare hand...with pliers in my hand I can’t tell where I’m at. I’m not gonna worry about it. Mine isn’t as bad because the cart is not lifted.
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #25
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Mine from factory were shining in the trees. I adjusted by turning the lower knob clockwise with the pliers like DaveOG suggested. I did this by removing the gauge pod. I am not sure how many turns but it seemed like about 10 turns. I was shining on a wall when I adjusted them. Each turn moved the light very little. I turned until the light would not lower any more. I am now happy with where the lights are shining. Thanks for the tip.
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #26
LenH_Icon
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thumbs up Re: Headlight adjustment

Thanks daveog for the info. I was just about fed up trying to adjust ours and the ICON video was useless. Found this forum and just signed up.
LenH_Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #27
LenH_Icon
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I tried to access from the cup holder area but can't get anywhere close to the lights. Went back in through wheel well. Knowing which knob to turn and direction was a big help. Used a finger of each hand to push and pull accordingly and got both adjusted as far as possible. Just need to road test.
LenH_Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #28
Destrukt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH_Icon View Post
I tried to access from the cup holder area but can't get anywhere close to the lights. Went back in through wheel well. Knowing which knob to turn and direction was a big help. Used a finger of each hand to push and pull accordingly and got both adjusted as far as possible. Just need to road test.
How were the results?
Destrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #29
Destrukt
Not Yet Wild

This is the best I could get it. Left headlights were easier and I was able to get it way lower than the right.

Anyone else get similar results?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7B5AC27A-5C4E-44F1-8958-D0A28FCFF555.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C914A67B-3C57-41CB-AE88-64999BEA6AFF.jpg (140.5 KB, 0 views)
Destrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #30
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Thanks for the tip. Knowing what knob and direction to turn seemed to help since they are very hard to get to. Drivers side came down about 2" on the wall. I could not get the passenger side to move at all. I would assume you turn the bottom know clockwise on both to lower, correct?
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon