lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default 96+ club car DS carry all

Doing some major updates to my 96carry all1. to include a new exhaust new carb, fuel lines, fuel pump, filters plug, and new lights and wiring(just because). Problems so far 1) went to take the dump bed off pivot bolts frozen HARD soaked everything for days so now I am borrowing a small air hammer in the hopes I can drive the frozen one out 2) took the 2 manifold exhaust bolts off first one no issues second ended up backing the stud completely out of the head nut never moved just the stud. The major issue the part of the pipe is the part in front of the bracket is gone my question is WHERE and should I be worried it is a FE350 that runs very well or did until the original muffler fell off. I have included several pictures and would appreciate any advice on what I am doing and the rest of what I am planning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car update1.jpg (109.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg club car update2.jpg (83.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg club car update3.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg club car update4.jpg (93.0 KB, 0 views)
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 96+ club car DS carry all

Put a half inch impact on the pivot bolts and try to break them loose

and I dont understand the second problem. cant you just install the new muffler?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 96+ club car DS carry all

Pivot bolts are usually rusted in the sleeves. Just cut them.

You can get new studs for the manifold. Those are metric, M8 thread if I remember right.
Not sure on your question about the bracket? It bolts to the head right behind the carb. Kind of impossible to miss. The bracket the holds the throttle cable sits on top of it.

It's a 350, so there's always the chance it decides to chuck the balance weight out of the block. The outer link rod gets starved for oil and wears out, usually trashes the crank even if you catch it before it throws the balance weight out the back.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car