lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2022, 11:04 PM   #21
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Talking through an ignition problem

Let's try it on my 2 stroke E-Z-Go 3 wheeler I have two friends that may be up for something crazy like that may even do the buggies gone wild Ohio rodeo I heard it's fun
Leon willis is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2022, 11:41 PM   #22
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I am going to be watching out for this one Trig. If successful I will have to see if the module can be obtained in the UK. You never know when my stock will run out!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:59 AM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I am going to be watching out for this one Trig. If successful I will have to see if the module can be obtained in the UK. You never know when my stock will run out!
One reason I decided to take this on is I had a cart I was helping a friend with this week.

He bought two ignitors from amazon thinking his was bad. I had him bring me the ones he bought and the OEM.

Nothing was wrong with the OEM but both new ones still in the box wouldn't fire.
I just unplug them on my test cart lol and try them that way. Not sure where I would buy one today if I ran low and I for sure can't recommend where others buy them right now .

Not sure where I would find a good pulser coil . Never tried an aftermarket and they aren't available OEM either.

At least I can test them before I install one. I also have a good stash of these OEM's on hand . Been hoarding for several years knowing that one day they also would be gone from dealers. They all are tested and work.

Same with many other parts for these robbin engines. Blocks, heads , cranks, rods, rebuild kits , complete engines and just about anything you would need to get one back running but again I am not selling at this time. Might be better than buying stocks lol

It don't look like anyone is going to make one of these ignitors that we can be sure is good. I was told by a member on another forum he had good luck with ones made in Taiwan ( Red hawk ) but I can 100 % confirm that. I have used Red hawk piston rings and had good luck .

It looks like only dealers can purchase these plus from reading on the website there might be shipping problems with these. I also am not 100% sure they are made in Taiwan, only what the poster mentioned in his post on the other forum.

http://www.golfcart.com/pc_product_d...3EBBAB2391B428
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:42 AM   #24
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If that image is of the actual product, then it looks like it may well be new old stock that has been sourced. I have to admit too to being a hoarder when it comes to TXT spare parts.. I must have enough stashed away to build at least ten whole carts, if not more. I also have around 6 PDS carts in storage plus four gas ones, not including both my own carts. I have a box trailer full of rebuilt 295 robin engines and flip seat kits too. Like you, not selling now, I call it my hobby and retirement stock lol. It would be great if you can prove a working alternative to the igniter, and finding a pulser that fits and works would be the cream on the cake so to speak.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:04 PM   #25
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I did the HEI conversion. I didn't want to lean over doing this so I just mounted the engine on an old junk table I have. I have been wanting an engine test stand and this is it

I used an engine that was running when I removed it last year from a cart I have. It needs rebuilding but runs ok.

It wouldn't run very good with stock coil . Bogged down when giving it gas.

I have a Denso coil that I got from someone a few years ago and it ran good with it. Came from a Ski Doo I think.

I even tried an MCI coil I have and it just wouldn't open up.

Right now the Ski Doo coil and HEI combo is the only way it runs good enough to call running. Gets good rpms and pretty fast using that coil.

Here is the video running with Denso coil before I swapped the pulser wires.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/d4tc40XBpTA

Pay no attention to what I named this video. It was with W on HEI to red on pulser and G to black.

Swapped wires putting G on HEI to red wire and W to black and it ran so much better. This engine also needs intake valves plus rings.
After pulser wire swap

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/p2tz499NwZ8

As the picture shows my V/R is borderline at 15 volts but it did work. Also this S/G was on a cart I bought two years ago that was overcharging but it works.

I also used some Artic Silver thermal paste I had instead of the stuff sent with HEI. I just think it works better to keep it cool and extend the life of it.

I made sure there was no air gaps between the aluminum stock and HEI.

If someone sees something I missed please feel free to correct me as this is my first attempt at using the chevy HEI module.

This engine has the OEM ignitor, V/R and solenoid on it . I mounted a plate I had to this table and ran this engine for a while before I attempted the HEI.

Disconnected that and it is running with HEI in videos . I will try and remember to connect the OEM ignitor back and show a video of it running. I just forgot today lol

I used the differential hardware also to level this engine up plus it gives it the pro look lol table golf cart engine combo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0671.jpg (206.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.jpg (135.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0676.jpg (225.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0683.jpg (219.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0673.jpg (246.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-28-2022, 10:17 PM   #26
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Well done that man!
It would be a good idea to hook up with an air filter to see if it picks up on the throttle quicker? Definitely seems to run good though. It would be interesting to see how it performs under load too. The only fly in the ointment now is finding an alternative pulser. Then we can definitely extend the life of these engines. I would much rather run this, over the MCI or the dreaded kawasaki to be honest.
My hat is off to you sir Trig.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:34 AM   #27
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

So now we know that it actually works with the right combination. It's good that there are options on a whole generation of carts now.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #28
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Well it looks like I cannot source that module in the UK. I would have to get it from the states! That's a bummer as I wanted to try it myself. I have spare engines and a test bench with s/g and ignition parts already mounted and wired with four holes drilled for the bottom engine mounts from when I had my shop. I am going to see if I can get an alternative module available here and do some experimenting. I will update if I have any success. I guess now we need to find out if it will work on an MCI engine even though we know oem ignition set up is different to the pre mci.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:30 AM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Very nice work Tommy.

But you know someone has to say something about the wire nuts I’ll be that guy
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #30
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Very nice work Tommy.

But you know someone has to say something about the wire nuts I’ll be that guy
I sort of thought when I was doing this you would like my wire nuts lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO