lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #11
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Great data!

I'm curious about something. I know nothing about Ah usage on a hilly golf course. How many Ah's do you use for two rounds of golf and trip to and fro?
I'm not sure on the Ah's. I live about a mile from the course and a single round is about 10 miles (course is really spread out). I have not run the battery down to less than 6 bars before. The SOC meter has ten bars and I can play three rounds of golf on a single charge and still have about 60% remaining on the meter. The course is on the North side of Houston so we have no hills to speak of. I play three rounds each week and recharge on Sunday night after I get in from the last round.
AquaLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
I'm not sure on the Ah's. I live about a mile from the course and a single round is about 10 miles (course is really spread out). I have not run the battery down to less than 6 bars before. The SOC meter has ten bars and I can play three rounds of golf on a single charge and still have about 60% remaining on the meter. The course is on the North side of Houston so we have no hills to speak of. I play three rounds each week and recharge on Sunday night after I get in from the last round.
It sounds like you have great capacity.

I would recommend getting a SOC meter that will give you more information about your pack than the bar graph will. You may not need the additional information, but it is nice to have.

Renogy makes an excellent one, but there are less expensive dash mounted ones also available.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ll play. My DS is a 2008 IQ

List your:
1) Brand of battery - allied
2) Ah capacity - 90
3) Number of individual packs - 3 x 48v@30aH
4) Pack voltage - 48
5) Controller upgrade - No
6) Motor upgrade - Admiral mot-a2
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - sepex IQ
O.D. Tire size - 18” (205/50-10)
9) Typical driving terrain - 80% pavement, hills, some grass
10) Estimated range on pavement - 40-50 miles depending on how heavy my foot is. *
11) Average and Top speeds - 25mph
12) Likes or dislikes - No maintenance, charge when needed, and they drop into the stock battery locations and use stock tie downs for easy installation.
13) Additional comments This motor DOES have more potential to go faster, but I limit my pedal usage at 25mph to not over rev the motor and blow it up like I did the plum quick. It blew up at 29mph and I don’t want to do that again.

*If I keep my foot out of it, and at around 20-21mph I generally get about 13ish miles for each 20% SOC.
If I drive normal (pedal is to the floor most the time unless we’re stopping ) I get about 10 miles for each 20% SOC.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #14
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ll play. My DS is a 2008 IQ

List your:
1) Brand of battery - allied
2) Ah capacity - 90
3) Number of individual packs - 3 x 48v@30aH
4) Pack voltage - 48
6) Motor upgrade - Admiral mot-a2
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - sepex IQ
O.D. Tire size - 18” (205/50-10)
9) Typical driving terrain - 80% pavement, hills, some grass
10) Estimated range on pavement - 40-50 miles depending on how heavy my foot is. *
11) Average and Top speeds - 25mph
12) Likes or dislikes - No maintenance, charge when needed, and they drop into the stock battery locations and use stock tie downs for easy installation.
13) Additional comments This motor DOES have more potential to go faster, but I limit my pedal usage at 25mph to not over rev the motor and blow it up like I did the plum quick. It blew up at 29mph and I don’t want to do that again.

*If I keep my foot out of it, and at around 20-21mph I generally get about 13ish miles for each 20% SOC.
If I drive normal (pedal is to the floor most the time unless we’re stopping ) I get about 10 miles for each 20% SOC.
Thanks CP.

From what you say, your "fuel consumption" is slightly better than mine at 1.38 Ah per mile. (90 x 20% / 13 = 1.3 Mine averages 1.45 Ah per mile.

It must be that fresh Michigan air that gives you better combustion!
Old 09-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Thanks CP.

From what you say, your "fuel consumption" is slightly better than mine at 1.38 Ah per mile. (90 x 20% / 13 = 1.3 Mine averages 1.45 Ah per mile.

It must be that fresh Michigan air that gives you better combustion!
I also have a stock controller. I’m sure that makes a difference.

That all depends on how I drive it. When we’re just slow cruising around, I obviously get way better range. When I’ve got the littlest kid, 1 year old we take it easy. He likes the wind lol.

When I don’t have the baby, we don’t drive as nicely. The other kids like to go fast and there’s usually 3 or 4 of them on the cart with me. There’s some big ditches they like to drive up and down sort of like a roller coaster. Not big enough I have to worry about overspeedi my but big enough to go “weee” and then climb back out… the admiral is definitely much better at that part
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:43 PM   #16
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

1) Brand of battery - BB - BDGR (about 15-months old now)
2) Ah capacity - 80
3) Number of individual packs - 2 x 48v@40aH
4) Pack voltage - 48
6) Motor upgrade - No
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive: 2003 CC DS
Tire size: 22x11x10 - off-road tires (has Jake's 4" lift kit)
9) Typical driving terrain - pavement, hills, grass, gravel - all of the above
10) Estimated range on pavement - after driving 18-miles (with 3 people on board, mixed as per #9), batteries are down to 30% so maybe at 20-miles it will get to 20% - which is I think the most we should drain Lithium batteries right? I've only gone on that long of drive twice; mainly because it takes so long (see #11).
11) Average and Top speeds: limited to 20 - per local regulations
12) Likes or dislikes - Love the batteries, No maintenance, LOT less weight.
13) Additional comments - if I ever have to rebuild - I will probably build my own - just for fun. Nothing wrong with BB batteries, I just like to build things. Reason I didn't build my own last time around because old Trojans were almost dead and didn't have a lot of time build and test etc.
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:10 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc.901 View Post
1) Brand of battery - BB - BDGR (about 15-months old now)
2) Ah capacity - 80
3) Number of individual packs - 2 x 48v@40aH
4) Pack voltage - 48
6) Motor upgrade - No
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive: 2003 CC DS
Tire size: 22x11x10 - off-road tires (has Jake's 4" lift kit)
9) Typical driving terrain - pavement, hills, grass, gravel - all of the above
10) Estimated range on pavement - after driving 18-miles (with 3 people on board, mixed as per #9), batteries are down to 30% so maybe at 20-miles it will get to 20% - which is I think the most we should drain Lithium batteries right? I've only gone on that long of drive twice; mainly because it takes so long (see #11).
11) Average and Top speeds: limited to 20 - per local regulations
12) Likes or dislikes - Love the batteries, No maintenance, LOT less weight.
13) Additional comments - if I ever have to rebuild - I will probably build my own - just for fun. Nothing wrong with BB batteries, I just like to build things. Reason I didn't build my own last time around because old Trojans were almost dead and didn't have a lot of time build and test etc.
Thank you for your info! You are the first BB response.

#7 Does your cart have a run/tow switch? If so it is sepex and if not it is series drive.

With 30% left, that means you used 70% in the 18 miles of mixed surface. 70% of 80 Ah is 56 Ah usable down to the 30%. 56 / 18 = 3.1 Ah per mile consumption. That is pretty good for the type of driving you do.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:17 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That all depends on how I drive it. When we’re just slow cruising around, I obviously get way better range. When I’ve got the littlest kid, 1 year old we take it easy. He likes the wind lol.

When I don’t have the baby, we don’t drive as nicely. The other kids like to go fast and there’s usually 3 or 4 of them on the cart with me. There’s some big ditches they like to drive up and down sort of like a roller coaster. Not big enough I have to worry about overspeedi my but big enough to go “weee” and then climb back out… the admiral is definitely much better at that part
That is what golf carts are all about...or maybe golfing!
Old 09-19-2022, 08:44 PM   #19
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

1) Brand of battery - Big Battery Husky 48v
2) Ah capacity - 103
3) Number of individual packs - 1
4) Pack voltage - 48v
5) Controller upgrade - SilverWolf
6) Motor upgrade - SilverWolf
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - “AC”
O.D. Tire size - 26”
9) Typical driving terrain - Flat
10) Estimated range on pavement - \_(•_•)_/
11) Average and Top speeds - Average 24 to 32, Top Speed 46 but ran out of room in our little town of Gib lol
12) Likes or dislikes - Love it!
13) Additional comments - Have been running the husky for just over a year now and loving it. I started with the Roypow but head cut off issues because of the SilverWolf motor and controller so I switched to the big battery husky and has been running great!🤞🏻
In our little town there’s no long enough stretch to see what it really can do, I’m guessing just a few more miles past 46 mark for top speed. There’s an awful lot of golf carts in our little town and a few bars 😳 so there’s a lot of aggressive driving 😂 One time or another I’ll have to see how many miles I get out of a charge. I usually don’t let it drop between 25% and 28% Thanks Tom47 great thread!
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:10 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just so the DIY batteries don't get forgotten:

1) Brand of battery - CALB LiFePo4
2) Ah capacity -100Ah
3) Number of individual packs -16 Cells
4) Pack voltage -58.4
5) Controller upgrade -Alltrax XCT500
6) Motor upgrade -AMD 7144
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive -Sepex
O.D. Tire size -22"
9) Typical driving terrain -Hilly
10) Estimated range on pavement -Even with all the hills I estimate 40mi/charge. This is based on the Renogy Battery Monitor readings.
11) Average and Top speeds -All of my driving is on city streets so I like to stay around 25 MPH. I have noticed I got up to 28 at one time. My Alltrax is limited to 5500 rpm and max current is 250a. I turned off Turbo because I felt it was contributing to the cold weather shutdowns
12) Likes or dislikes - My big like is no maint. I haven't burnt any acid holes in my clothes. My biggest like is the reduction in weight. It got me over the threshold where I can maintain my speed uphill (22 mph) and not be a traffic hazard. My only dislike is that when the temperature drops to 40/50 degrees the batteries get sluggish and on some of the big hills the BMS will cut out due to low voltage. Last winter I temp solved the problem with a heating pad. This year I'm hoping to do something more permanent.
13) Additional comments - 2010 Club Car with a Allsport 4" lift and a Alpha Body Kit. The Lithium batteries have been in use for a year and a half. I highly recommend the Renogy Meter. It make driving so much more fun when you know that you have enough battery to make it home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final Touches.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car