lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2022, 07:46 PM   #71
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

I noticed that they were near me and decided to stop in one day; great group of guys and even though they were eating lunch they were very warm and inviting. Noah mentioned to me that they were moving soon and it turns out that their new location was minutes from me; he told me when the move would be and said to stop by and check it out. I've been by several times now (I always seem to catch them at lunch!) and even though I do not have one of their setups they continue to welcome me in and talk shop.

I love stuff like this (Lithium seems kinda "cutting edge" to me) and being able to actually see their operation and meet them is a bit like meeting a sports hero to me! Just a top notch outfit with top notch people and products. My Volt build was a lot of fun, but I see the future of drop ins and how much easier they are; very cool to be living "right next door" to to what I consider the premium supplier for these batteries for our carts!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2022, 10:15 PM   #72
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Don’t lie. You’re just there to steal food
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:44 AM   #73
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Don’t lie. You’re just there to steal food
Yeah....rumor is he's done that so often he's requesting a bigger amp\hr just for him to "haul" around all the lunch weight he's gained!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #74
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dang it; you guys are on to me!!!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #75
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:19 PM   #76
TimboOKC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll play...especially since 95% of my research was done on this forum.

2014 Club Car Precedent

1) Brand of battery - Allied
2) Ah capacity - 30
3) Number of individual packs - 3
4) Pack voltage - 48V
5) Controller upgrade - None
6) Motor upgrade - Plum Quik Bandit
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
O.D. Tire size - 20" 215/50/12
9) Typical driving terrain - Streets in neighborhood
10) Estimated range on pavement - not sure but will last all weekend in the summer
11) Average and Top speeds - Avg 23-25 top speed about 30
12) Likes or dislikes - All likes so far. Not too pumped about having to change out the battery terminal to 3/8" so it will fit on the new SOC meter
13) Additional comments - Love the way the cart drives now with the loss of weight. Even though it's only about 3-4 mph faster it seems like more than that. Was going to go with ECO 48v/72ah but switched to Allied because they were supposed to get here faster. What a fiasco the whole lithium battery situation was this whole spring and summer.
TimboOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:40 PM   #77
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboOKC View Post

2014 Club Car Precedent

2) Ah capacity - 30
4) Pack voltage - 48V
10) Estimated range on pavement - not sure but will last all weekend in the summer
12) Likes or dislikes - All likes so far. Not too pumped about having to change out the battery terminal to 3/8" so it will fit on the new SOC meter
13) Additional comments - Love the way the cart drives now with the loss of weight. Even though it's only about 3-4 mph faster it seems like more than that. Was going to go with ECO 48v/72ah but switched to Allied because they were supposed to get here faster. What a fiasco the whole lithium battery situation was this whole spring and summer.
FWIW be careful going too fast with the PQ motor. I’d keep it under 25mph, your tires are basically the same size as mine. Here’s what happened to my bandit at 28mph

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ick&page=2
Old 10-03-2022, 07:44 PM   #78
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboOKC View Post

2014 Club Car Precedent

2) Ah capacity - 30
4) Pack voltage - 48V
Thanks for your review Timbo.

Are the Allied terminals M8 which is about 5/16"? That's what mine are and I just connected the 3/8" shunt to the M8 stud. You don't need a 3/8" stud. The shunt connection is made directly to the threaded port, not only through the stud.

You're right about the lithium supply issues. E.B has them but they go so fast they can't keep up. I think ScottyB manages to keep one or two in stock.

Enjoy your cart!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #79
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One thing that no one seems to talk about is what cells are actually in any of these drop in battery systems. I hear about the chemistry but not about who manufactured the cells. There are also many grades of cells out of China. I have seen lots of stuff about this in the solar sites.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #80
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
One thing that no one seems to talk about is what cells are actually in any of these drop in battery systems. I hear about the chemistry but not about who manufactured the cells. There are also many grades of cells out of China. I have seen lots of stuff about this in the solar sites.
This is probably because most drop in type batteries, the manufacturers don’t specify what cells. They may say cylindrical or pouch or prismatic, but generally don’t disclose what brand/size/type of cell specifically. And the only way to know would be to cut open a battery and see… I for one have no interest in cutting open an $800 battery on an exploratory mission.

I know that allied specifies on their site they use cylindrical but it doesn’t say 18650, 2170, or whatever cell it is.

As long as it works, I’m happy with the performance, that’s all that I really care about
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car