lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2022, 06:54 PM   #11
theranch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery issues or something else???

will do....i will post results as i get them...please do the same
theranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2022, 03:58 PM   #12
theranch
Not Yet Wild

OK, little update...went back and forth with alltrax tech today and they are great to work with so far...He instructed me on how to test the solenoid by jumping the two larg terminals. Keeping fingers crossed, but that has seemed to help with my issues. batteries were still showing some low voltage during use 39-46, but amps on motor stayed at or below 200 which is much better than before and what im thinking was causing my motor to get hot...this was all done on less than fully charger batteries, so i put it on charger and will test it again tomorrow...
Old 09-28-2022, 06:30 AM   #13
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranch View Post
OK, little update...went back and forth with alltrax tech today and they are great to work with so far...He instructed me on how to test the solenoid by jumping the two larg terminals. Keeping fingers crossed, but that has seemed to help with my issues. batteries were still showing some low voltage during use 39-46, but amps on motor stayed at or below 200 which is much better than before and what im thinking was causing my motor to get hot...this was all done on less than fully charger batteries, so i put it on charger and will test it again tomorrow...
Nice. Hopefully you will have a resolution soon!
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:56 PM   #14
theranch
Not Yet Wild

unfortunately that didnt last...charged cart overnight and now the cart only shutters in forward. goes fine in reverse, but shutters in forward. I know that is usually due to bateries, but with the log i sent to alltrax, they now seem to think the controller is the issue...said battery voltage looks ok....

So, it continues. Alltrax did offer for me to send in for them to check it even though it is out of warranty....instead of waiting, im gonna just take my chances and order a new one....will let yall know...
Old 09-29-2022, 04:32 AM   #15
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Alltrax did offer for me to send in for them to check it even though it is out of warranty....instead of waiting, im gonna just take my chances and order a new one....will let yall know...
If that is the case, keep the new one you ordered, send the other one back to Alltrax for them to repair. Then get it back and sell it so you're not out a ton of money.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #16
theranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Vast View Post
If that is the case, keep the new one you ordered, send the other one back to Alltrax for them to repair. Then get it back and sell it so you're not out a ton of money.
thanks for the suggestion....
Old 10-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #17
theranch
Not Yet Wild

Well, got new controller installed and all works perfect...now on full throttle, my motor hoovers below 100 amps...it used to stay around 200 amps and above causing the motors to burn up...so, seems like controller was my issue...hope this helps someone
Old 10-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It would be interesting to find out what was wrong with the controller where it would run the cart but overheat the motor in the process. Maybe Alltrax would want to know too??
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:39 PM   #19
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Well, got new controller installed and all works perfect...now on full throttle, my motor hoovers below 100 amps...it used to stay around 200 amps and above causing the motors to burn up...so, seems like controller was my issue...hope this helps someone
That's great, glad you got it sorted out. I had some similar issues as you and I just got a replacement controller in the mail from Alltrax today. They had mine for two weeks and couldn't replicate getting motors hot. Since mine was still within warranty, they ended up sending me a new controller just to eliminate any possibility of the controller being the issue. They have amazing customer service.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha