lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Ferdinand
Not Yet Wild

Default CC DS Regen 2 from 95 stumples when pedal is fully kicked - need help

Hi there,

I got a 1995 CC DS with one resistor (most probably a CC DS Regen 2); it does start and work fine until I press about 2/3 of the pedal. When I fully press the pedal, the cart does starting to stumple. Does anyone may know what the problem could be?

Well, I thought it could be the potentiometer. It is neither a pot-box nor a V-Glide nor a MCOR, it is one of those potentiometer under floor with a three pin cable. As far as I know were they used in from 95 - 97. I measured the ohms at the 3-pin connector when the pedal is unpressed and pressed. I get 0,38k ohms when it is unpressed and 5,52k ohm when it is pressed. Even it is not exactly 0 - 5k ohms, I doubt meanwhile that the problem is with the potentiometer. Any other idea?

I plan to get it cheap running and have another Curtis 1204 controller (no regen) and a another Club Car DS motor (no regen). I prefer to get rid of the resistor and would like to use the old potentiometer (giving 0.38k ohms (unpressed) - 5,52k ohms (pressed)) together with the 1204 Curtis controller (non-regen) and the other CC DS motor (non-regen, no speed sensor).

Do you think that this works or did I miss something? Of course I will also have a new Solenoid.

BR and thanks in advance for your help!
Ferdinand
Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2022, 12:31 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: CC DS Regen 2 from 95 stumples when pedal is fully kicked - need help

If you change to the 1204 controller you will also need to change to a series motor, and also change the FnR switch and battery cables for a series drive system. The 1204 is a series controller and does not change the motor direction the way the regen controller does. The FnR switch is what changes motor direction on the series carts.
You also need to make sure you have a pre-charge resistor for the solenoid on the large posts, and a diode on the small posts.

Your power problem is possibly bad batteries or a bad cable connection. Test the batteries with a voltmeter while you drive the cart and see if the voltage is falling below about 40v when you press the pedal hard. If so, check each battery by itself under load and see if any are dropping significantly. You didn't say what kind of batteries are in it, but that cart should have Six 8v batteries. Resting voltage for the pack should be 50.9v or slightly more 12 hours after a full charge. Under load the pack should not drop below 45v. If it shows under 45v when trying to drive the pack is bad and should be replaced.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:45 PM   #3
Ferdinand
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: CC DS Regen 2 from 95 stumples when pedal is fully kicked - need help

Fairtax4me, Thanks a lot! This does really help. Well, I do have a series motor from an older CC DS which is properly working. Thanks for the hint for the FnR Switch. Did not consider this.
För the solenoid I will get one with a diode on the small Posts and a pre-resistor on the large ones.

Why do I have to use different battery cables?

I tested the cart with a 48V RoyPow LifePo4 battery. It comes from my Dads cart and the battery pack works great.
Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car