lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
eddy tubb
Not Yet Wild

Default Updated OBC

My name is Eddy and I have some questions concerning my 2005 Precedent model club car.
Who can provide me with the best way to tell which obc (2.7 or 3.0) I have on my 2005 cc precedent? My yellow battery warning light flickers occassionlly while driving the Cart. What would cause this?? One last question. Does it hurt the cart to run it in the tow position?
Thanks for any help provided.
Eddy
eddy tubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Updated OBC

Eddy, the latest version is 3.0 on your cart. I know this because mine was replaced this past summer on my 05'. The yellow lite flicker could be caused by the obc as they didn't charge the batteries properly, if you have the 2.7 version. If you remove the center cover by the batteries and look down by the batteries on the pass side you will see a sticker on the obc, usually in pink. The number will be on this sticker. It says "ver. 2.7" or whatever. Hope this helps
sb2bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

One other thing, Club Car replaced all the batteries when they replaced the obc as the obc evidently ruined them. Not sure if you will have any warranty left or not. Most all carts have had this done by now. Call Club car and ask!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy tubb View Post
My name is Eddy and I have some questions concerning my 2005 Precedent model club car....

Does it hurt the cart to run it in the tow position?
Eddy... If your cart runs with the run/tow switch in "Tow" something is definitely NOT right!

Most of the electrical drive systems should be shut down and off when the swiitch is in the "tow" position,
and your cart should not run at all!

You might want to double check that, and let us know what you find!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
goose2
Not Yet Wild

What version do I have it says 2.06?
Will CC still do the free upgrade?
goose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What version do I have, it says 2.06.... uh I would guess you have version 2.06...make sense? Either contact Club Car or a dealer, an honest one to tell you if you can get any warranty, thats what I would do.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
goose2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2bb View Post
What version do I have, it says 2.06.... uh I would guess you have version 2.06...make sense? Either contact Club Car or a dealer, an honest one to tell you if you can get any warranty, thats what I would do.
Thanks it does make sense that I have ver 2.06 and it also makes sense that someone pissed in your cheerio's.
goose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
eddy tubb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your insight SB2BB. I checked my obc and it is ver 2.05. My cart was purchased from a person who buys turned in fleet units and resells them. I'm not sure if Club Car will replace it or not. I am going contact them and see.
Thanks again
Eddy
eddy tubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good luck to ya and please post the outcome for everyone's benefit.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
Dan Garrison
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Greetings,
I have a 2004 Precedent Professional and need new Batteries. I found this thread about the recall over the software and I too have contacted CC. I would like to know if anyone has a link to the recall. Some official documentation where this occurred? The nomenclature on my OBC is 2.05.
Dan Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car