lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Default gc8 sams club batteries vs trojans t875

Are the Sams club GC8 Batteries worth buying versus the Trojans t875? I could save about 25 dollars each... So that is about $150.... Allan
acramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
jezowski
Getting Wild

Default Re: gc8 sams club batteries vs trojans t875

I see a lot of those Sams Club batteries come through are shop and they need to be changed after a year or two. I would spend the extra money on the Trojans our look into some Interstates
jezowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
1999flhrci
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My boss put the Sam's Club batteries in his cart. They lasted Exactly 31 months almost to the date according to his receipt. I don't know what the part # is but I'll bet he bought the best they had. He be big on Sam's Club.
1999flhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
rib33024

Check these out---

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...y-quality.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...hat-brand.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just bought new batteries for my cart and I bought Crown Baatteries. I talked with the battery wholesaler and he told me some very interesting things. Now he sells Crown, Trojan, and US Batteries (Interstate is a US Battery re-badged) so he has no ties to one or the other. These 3 companies are the premier golf cart battery companies. He said Crown is the battery that has excelled in the last few years and Trojan has lost some of their quality. They are finding the Trojan's to not last like in the past. He said they are starting to cut corners to lower their price to produce. Crown, he said, has really stepped up to the plate is currently making the best golf cart battery available. Another thing he told me is every month they get ratings from the Battery Council and every month Crown rates as one of the top's 5 consistently. He also told me the guy who invented the T-105 Trojan (the first and the flagship battery for golf carts) left the company and started US Batteries, so I would guess they know what they are doing over there too.

This is info that came from a guy who has sold batteries for over 20 years and really knows his stuff. So it's your call, but I put my money in Crown's.

If you decide on Exide's, Energizer's, NAPA, or Sam's Club batteries, these are all manufactured by Johnson Controls and they have no idea how to make a high quality golf cart battery, so be ready to replace these often. If you doubt this, do some research, like I have, and you will find that not very many have anything good to say about them.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

NO. Pay the extra. Trojan, Crown and US are all the best currently on the market. It really comes down to a few more years of use in the long run....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have the Sam's Club 8v batteries but I have not had them long enough to know if they are any good but, they are made by Interstate which is supposed to be good. Doesn't US Battery make the Interstate? That is what I was told. Do they sell different batteries in different areas? They definitely are not made by Johnson Controls they read "Powerfast" "built to last by Interstate Batteries" model PFGC8. These were purchased in the Houston area and this Sam's had plenty of 6v and 8v.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramer View Post
Are the Sams club GC8 Batteries worth buying versus the Trojans t875? I could save about 25 dollars each... So that is about $150.... Allan
Not if you are keeping the cart

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
kirkroediger
Getting Wild

A friend bought new trojan 875 and after 23 months 5 of the 6 were bad. I bought sams club 30 months ago and they are still going strong, we both play golf approx 4 days a week and maintain them properly. Many other friends use sams and have had reasonable service. I think you can get good or bad with any brand. kirk
kirkroediger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkana View Post
I have the Sam's Club 8v batteries but I have not had them long enough to know if they are any good but, they are made by Interstate which is supposed to be good. Doesn't US Battery make the Interstate? That is what I was told. Do they sell different batteries in different areas? They definitely are not made by Johnson Controls they read "Powerfast" "built to last by Interstate Batteries" model PFGC8. These were purchased in the Houston area and this Sam's had plenty of 6v and 8v.
It is so hard to say which you have. I looked at the Sam's batteries in Michigan and they had made by JCI (Johnson Controls Inc.) right on them. Another thing I know is Interstate has several different deep cycle batteries. The ones that start with US are made by US Batteries. They do not make a battery under the Interstate name called Powerfast. These could be US or they could still be re-badged JCI batteries sold to Sam's through Interstate. When you're buying batteries from a retail type store such as Sam's it is surely not the same battery you are going to get going to a golf cart place or industrial battery place. They are looking to make a buck and are going to sell whichever will net them the most profit. I'm not knocking you for buying these, I just hope you got a descent battery. Remember the saying "you get what you pay for".
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car