lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
av8er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 2007 Columbia Par Car Questions

We are looking at buying a 2007 Combia Par Car Eagle. The cart is in very good condition and not used much so it has done more sitting since the origional owners bought it. They did keep the batteries watered and charged. They did take it in to the shop once a year for a check up.

I charged the batteries and checked them about 11 hours after it finished the charge and the batteries are 6.28. Any thoughts on the battery condition and how much life is left? We did drive the cart about 20 miles one day and it was going good the whole time.

In general what are your thoughts on Columbia Par Cars. Reliable? Maintenance costs?

What do you think the cart is worth for sale by owner?

Thanks
av8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2007 Columbia Par Car Questions

The 2007 eagle was a good golf cart or NEV if equipped. Columbia products have improved over the years, with the use of more solid state type controllers and accelerators devices, and improvements in the manufacturing process.

Any battery is best when used, not left to sit. If someone kept it charged, that certainly helps, but it also needs to experience the full cycle, which means discharge too. The specific gravity would help you determine the battery life. You should also check to make sure there is no bulding in the casing, either the sides or the tops, as that would indicate sulfation is taking over and the battery life could be comprimised.

The base model Eagle in July 2008 MSRP'd at $6298. To buy one off craigslist or the neighbor, in good condition, I would expect to pay around $2500-$4000, again, depending on condition and if it's just the base model or has all the add-ons.

If it's an NEV, the price increases $750-$1000 easily.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
av8er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Thank you for the response. I looked at the batteries and I don't see any bulging on the sides but the top of a couple is not perfectly flat. What do you think of the voltage being 6.28 after charging before use?

The cart is an Eagle with the larger chrome wheels, radial tires, back seat, long top with a nice cover. What is your estimate on the used price for this? New 2010 cart is selling for $9000 before tax in our town at the dealer. The cart does have Elite on the seats??

Thank for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0136.jpg (62.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0137.jpg (50.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

6.28 is a good voltage. The next thing to check would be after load and before charging (drive it a good 20 minutes), then check voltage on each separate batteries. They should all be within .2 volts of each other. If so, you''re probably set for a while.

I'm guessing you're in GA. PTC has been an excellent dealer for us, and always there to take care of the there ever was a problem, it would have been addressed.

What's the VIN? I can check OEM options and if there was ever any service work while under warranty.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

And by the way, that's no base model, so the value went up quite a bit.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
av8er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

The Vin is P4SF4-4ZF0120. What do you think is a fair price?

I will drive the cart when it stops raining and see what the voltage is. I want to say the other day after driving for about 40 min it was 6.19.

Do you know how to read the analog charge meter in the cart like this. It is the one that the needle moves with a load.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

That cart new back then was probably around $9000 with all the upgrades from the factory, and the extra accessories installed at the dealer.

It sounds like your batteries are holding really well. No warranty claims ever filed for the unit.

I attached the instructions on reading the analog BDI.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Supplement_BDI_Analog.pdf (141.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
av8er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

E indicates 20% which I would imagine I should never go that low. I have read the batteries should not be taken below 80%. What would be that indication on this charge meter? The other day I drove it a long ways, probably 70 minutes and stopped, the meter still was not in the green but still in the white chg area by just a little.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

That's fine. Standard deep cycle batteries can be taken well below 80%, that's what they're designed for. But to keep optimum performance, you're best to keep it charged as often as possible, they don't get memory issues.

The controller in that unit is programmed to cut the cart off at 30 volts which is well above the 20% threshold. If you run into a situation where it does a cutoff like that, you turn off the key, wait about 5 minutes, then try again and slowly get your butt home.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
av8er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

On the charge meter, what would be the needle indication that I should be home by?

What has been the average asking price for a 2007 cart like this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar