lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Should I sell it or fix it?

In my area 07's in running condition are bringing about 1600.00 to 1800.00 straight off the golf coarse. That is electric, same thing in gas are 2600.00 to 2800.00. Hope this helps.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Those 04 batteries are toast. Don't waste your time taking them out if you are not going to replace them...... Just cut the wires off of them and hose them off so you don't scare a buyer the way you just scared me

She would bring 4-500 like that here.
Well I covered up the electronics and wiring with plastic and pulled the batteries and cleaned them up and cleaned the battery tray using a solution of baking soda and water. The battery tray is in better shape that I thought it would be. I might need to take a wire brush to it and hit it with some black spray paint.

At least it doesn't look as hideous...

JohnBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCH View Post
In my area 07's in running condition are bringing about 1600.00 to 1800.00 straight off the golf coarse. That is electric, same thing in gas are 2600.00 to 2800.00. Hope this helps.
Well this one isn't a golf buggy, it has the truck bed and is an '04. I'm not sure if that makes it any more or less valuable.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Go to your local golf car dealer and see if he has some used batteries, you can usually buy pretty good ones for $150 a set. New ones can be had at Sam's Club for $72 each.
While you're at the cart dealer get a key for a couple of bucks, they are all the same. You can get cables for cheap on ebay.
It's a nice clean series cart that could sell easily after it's running for $1500+.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I like Rustoleum hammered black, you can brush it on with a throwaway brush and push it into corners and cracks and drys funky bubbly.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #16
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

My offer of $250 was taking in account of the $400 I'd have to spend in gas coming to get it. Throw it on craigslist for $800, somebody will bite.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I made a little progress today, after pulling the batteries and cleaning them, I cleaned up the battery tray and painted it with some Rustoleum black spray paint (the brush on can I had in the garage was all dried out) and used cardboard to catch the overspray:

I went to the hardware store and bought some #4 AWG coper wire and copper lugs and made up some battery cables:

I filled the batteries with distilled water mixed with some epsom salt (I think it's a lost cause - nothing to lose) and got a set on the charger:

And I peeled off the company logos:

I tested the volatage on the 6 batteries most of them were around 3V, on of them is completely muerto... I gotta come up with three car or boat batteries and give it a try.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Should I sell it or fix it?

The cart sitting as it is now, I wouldn't give over $200.00 for it. I'd be buying the charger mainly. You need to get it running to try and get a little more out of it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #19
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The cart sitting as it is now, I wouldn't give over $200.00 for it. I'd be buying the charger mainly. You need to get it running to try and get a little more out of it.
Wow... and I tought I was cheap...

Seiously, I could part it out on eBay for more than that...

The dang drop down bed has to be at least worth that...

I guess it's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

john you have a perfect project cart try and get some batteries just to see if it runs and if it does quit talking about selling it and have some fun with it..........if you decide to sell the bed off of it do that and put that money into cart.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO