lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: picked up a river house with a not running EZGO ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
This here leads me to believe that this is not a EZGO, sounds like you have a club car, ezgo golf carts do not have a BANK of solenoids. IF it is an EZGO it will only have 1 solenoid.
Might be a cargo/personnel carrier. Some of those had 4 solenoids and others had 7 solenoids.
And there was one with 5 Solenoids, but I can't find a schematic for it in my stash at the moment.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the pictures to figure out what this beast is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor and 4 Solenoids.JPG (65.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Resistor and 7 Solenoids.JPG (97.6 KB, 6 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

There is ALWAYS the possibility that it isnt an ezgo.. Its lifted, chromed and powdercoated end to end, but was beat by the previous owner. Unfortunately I cant post the couple of pics I do have due to limitations of the site.. I agree worthless without pics!

Its an ST front cowl from what I can tell, rear fenders look ezgo and the general layout is right, The key says ezgo... though it isnt needed to run the darn thing. But there are not badges or otherwise identifying marking. I forgot (duh!) my vom, so I was flying blind as far as voltage goes and spent most of my time pulling a rotten floor out of the master bathroom and replaceing the hot water heater (hense the rotten floor!). Found the charger in the shed and hooked it up overnight to charge, certainly doesnt mean they were charged up though. I'm really hoping to have something fun to bomb around the park, launch the jet skis and such. No wheelies or general abuse from me once its running.

Thanks for all the attention and support on this guys! I'm really hopeful to get it going when I head out, or at least figure out whats wrong with it so I can bring the parts out on my next trip out. (every weekend will be spent there fixing things up till easter, when I have the family out for the first trip!)
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Might be a cargo/personnel carrier. Some of those had 4 solenoids and others had 7 solenoids.
And there was one with 5 Solenoids, but I can't find a schematic for it in my stash at the moment.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the pictures to figure out what this beast is.
There were 5 Solenoids, with looped wire between which I assume are resistors
Old 02-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

This is the only pic I have of anything to do with it at the moment.. just the motor. You can see one of the coils in the upper right, but thats about all I got for the moment!

Turns out I CAN post a pic! Go figure! Yesterday it told me 7 days.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120218_161234edit.jpg (132.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
rib33024

As I was saying, that is no EZGO, the cart in the pic you posted is a Club Car, and JohnnieB I have never seen or heard of a EZGO cargo/personnel carrier doing wheelies ., it's a club car this is why your cart has 5 solenoid, because it is a Club car

This will help you on the year of your cart

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olf-carts.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Well crap!!! So as the saying goes... Now what?? :-)
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Now what just means you take a camera next time take pics of everything about the cart and I mean everything remember your volt meter and come back with pack voltage and individule battery voltages and post it all. These guys are good and can tell you what your cart is and what was there stock and what is aftermarket.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Out of curiosity where do you live? There might be one of us close enough to give you a hand. That's an offer from me if you are close enough.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #29
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Out of curiosity where do you live? There might be one of us close enough to give you a hand. That's an offer from me if you are close enough.
River house where it is stored is in Ehrenberg, AZ. First (or last depending on your direction) exit off the 10 on the AZ side of the colorado river. About 40 miles from Parker Az, 100 Miles from Palm springs
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #30
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Now what just means you take a camera next time take pics of everything about the cart and I mean everything remember your volt meter and come back with pack voltage and individule battery voltages and post it all. These guys are good and can tell you what your cart is and what was there stock and what is aftermarket.
Thats absolutely what I'll be doing..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO