lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 1981 EZGO Gas 2 Stroke starting issues after a hard run

I have a 1981 EZGO Gas 2 stroke and for some reason if I run it hard for awhile the next day when I try to drive it it seems to "turn over", sorry I don't know the correct verbiage, but it won't take off. The last time this happened I noticed that there was no fuel going to the motor, because it has a plastic fuel filter on it. When I pulled the hose off the fuel filter and pushed down the gas it started to take off. I connected the hose back to the fuel filter and it ran fine. I took it to a local shop and he said that there was a small pin hole in the gas line. He replaced it and it ran fine. Well I ran it hard once again yesterday and last night and now it is doing the same thing tonight. I didn't try to pull the fuel line this time as it was getting too late to work on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1981 EZGO Gas 2 Stroke starting issues after a hard run

I'm not sure why it matters when you run it hard, but on a two stroke, especially an older one like this, hard starting can mean a vacuum leak.

If you have the money and you believe your shop guy is any good I'd have him check the crankshaft seals, jug base gasket, case halves, and all gaskets/seals on the intake. A guy with a good ear for two strokes can find a vacuum leak by spraying ether around suspected areas and listening for a change in the pitch of the engine and/or detonation.

This should be a pretty cheap test and even if it turns up nothing you'll have piece of mind as a vacuum leak on two strokes is detrimental to the engine. More air=less fuel=less lubrication.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
yler4cy
Gone Wild

I guess I don't know if I should call it a hard run. It is after it has been run no stop for pretty much a couple hours and then put away.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
yler4cy
Gone Wild

I found out there is a small leak around a fitting on the carb. I think that might be the cause of the problem.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Get it done up, I'd probably get the crank seals done anyhow though just to be sure.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO