lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Question for You "Performance" Guys ...

I recently picked up another cart, totally NOT the cart i was looking for (I'm a lifted cart guy) but I was intrigued with this one as it has some pretty serious engine mods. The Engine lower is a bored 350, the head is 295 with a cut cam and beefed-up springs. The carb was bored to (I believe) 7/8", and the carb is jetted with a stainless header system installed - also, the ignition was swapped out to the old-style without a rev limiter, and the clutch (28deg) and shorter belt were installed to help out accel as the rear end has 6:1 Speed Gears ...

NOW, the cart runs like a banshee, but I really just can't deal with the volume of the header. The PO gave me another modified Stock Exhaust can as well as a milder jet to match in case I decided to tame her down a bit, so I took the time to pull everything apart and hook it all up yesterday. Here's the dilemna which I can't *quite* wrap my head around, the cart lost about 2-4mph or so on the top end according to the GPS, but it seems to me (and everyone else who has driven it) to have a WHOLE lot more midrange, accel overall is far better, torque on the hills is vastly improved - what gives? The only logical thing my limited experience with performance engines can figure is that it was just point blank flowing TOO much with the biggest jet and header, and is now running more "matched" or ?!?!?!

At this point, I haven't quite decided which way to go, I like the quiet and to be honest I really think it drives better with the "midrange" mods, but now I can't help but think that there has to be a reason it (other than top, top end) wasn't behaving as well with the full-blown jet/header system - anyone have a couple of minutes to maybe explain this to me or at least take a stab at what could be happening? If there are some tweaks i can make to get the header system performing vastly better (which I believe is potentially the case) then I would entertain reinstalling it and dealing with the sound - what does all of this sound like to You guys? Thanks!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO