lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default float bowl leaks

Hello,I bought a new carb for my 91,244cc,it is leaking from the top of the float bowl.I tightend the bolt on the bottom but it still leaks out of the top of the float bowl,o-ring is in place so any ideas how I can fix would be great,Thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: float bowl leaks

Float level set too high? float neddle valve stuck open?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
dewzer
Getting Wild

Did you remove the float bowl and make sure the manufacturer didnt pinch the gasket?
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That nut is actually the main jet which should be snugged up to the main nozzle (part 22). If the nozzle is not screwed all the way in the jet will hit it before it tightens the fuel bowl enough to compress the gasket.

Dave

Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

I will take the carb again and make sure the main nozzle is in all the way,yhanks Dave.I pulled the plug and am not getting fuel to it,it is dry even with all the cranking,is that because the float bowl leaks or some other problem?thanks again,Panama
Old 10-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

I took the carb off,made sure the main nozzle was tight and in all the way and it was,need to charge the battery so I can crank it again but no fuel to the plug has me worried!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Looks like you have two issues. The fuel pump is not self priming so if it ran dry it will need to be primed. IO think the first thing to do it to disconnect the fuel line to the carburetor and point it into a jar. Now crank the engine, do you see big jets of fuel? If not remove the filler cap and wrap a shop rag around the filler hole. Using the rag as a seal blow into the gas tank until you see fuel coming out of the fuel line. Now crank the engine to make sure the pump is working and then reconnect the line.
Let us know what happens.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: float bowl leaks

Ok,so heres what I did;took the line off the carb stuck in a jar cranked it and had plenty of gas.Got the new carb to stop leaking put it on and no gas to plug and it squirted gas out the carb like crazy.So,I put the old carb back on and the motor cranked faster and fired up after a short while.I think I was sold a piece of junk,can't return it cause it was bought in the states and I'm not going back there anytime soon.I guess I'll have extra parts for the old carb but not sure whats good or bad on the new carb so any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome,Thanks again,Panama
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO