lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
91cavgt
Not Yet Wild

Default low compression, jumped time maybe, how to remove the crank pulley?

My father-in-law has a 2005 EzGo with the twin cylinder 350cc motor. It is used just about every day and has been a great cart for him. 2 days ago he was riding it around and suddenly it lost all power. We're talking it would barely run.

So I go over there to take a look. I run a compression test (the screw in type) and get a whopping 50 psi average on both cylinders. So I pulled the valve cover, but all looks well. I started to pull the timing belt cover but I can't get it completely off due to the pulley being in the way. The cover is off far enough though to see that the timing belt is loose.

Is there a trick to pulling the pulley back far enough to get the timing belt cover off? I don't need the pulley completely off, it just needs to slide about 1/2" to give me some clearance to get the timing belt cover off.

Thanks.........
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO