lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #11
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default Re: crank seal in the clutch and fan side of a G1.

Glad you got it done! Clean the eff outta all that area!

I soaked my flywheel in carb cleaner, brushed degreaser all over the coil plate (front and back) and then gently sprayed it off with some compressed air. Then hit all the contacts with battery terminal protector.

Grease everything that moves. “Where there is grease, there isn’t water. Where there isn’t water, there isn’t rust.” I even wet sanded the crankshaft to get the corrosion off.

Some say use 2 stroke on the seal, I personally used marine grease around the edges. But either I think gets it done. And blue loc-tite those screws when you put them back in. Keeps them from vibrating out, and should help if you need to remove in the future.
JerEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #12
Bigblock460
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

How do you make a home made clutch puller?
Bigblock460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #13
Coreyross
Not Yet Wild

Good morning. I am new to the site. I am doing a seal replacement on the fan side and it appears the key is sheared off. I have tried to pull it, heated it, PB Blastered it, shocked it, and repeated it - to the point of shearing the puller bolts. I have also drilled hole next to the shaft at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock from the key to relieve pressure and apply more penetrating oil. I have not tried to cool the shaft after heating the flywheel. Is that what is recommended at this point? Thank you for any feedback.
Coreyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:23 PM   #14
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I keep coming back to this SUPER THREAD ...My mates are wanting theirs done lol...I keep forgetting how I did it...**** this thing called maturity...LOL
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha