lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #31
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Steering slop and stuff..........

Fair enough and well said. I participate in a couple of forums, I love the comrodery and just meeting new people. Really I guess its just bench racing with a couple of guys that you know have the same interest. But even knowing how to fix it, I dont know the reliability or if theres improvements or peoples past experiences etc. Thats what I was looking for.

This is a great forum and IMHO, the buggies/modded golf carts industry is growing real fast and so should this forum.

In terms of pics etc, Ive been trying not to take anything apart until seller and I come to an agreement.
LDOGGYDIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #32
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

that plow is rigged axle is probably twisting real bad and that plow would put even more stress on the steering. i got the same problem with my cart but mines is twice as old.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 AM   #33
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

The plow is going, because the new a-arm lift will replace what the plow is now mounted to.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #34
BurningCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have wanted to add a plow to my cart for sometime. I was curious how this one worked, and then I saw that axle mount. That scared me! I have a 1972 Cub Cadet that I have actually chipped concret with on accident. I would be affraid I would torque that axle and mess it up. I guess I will keep looking for ideas.
BurningCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #35
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningCart View Post
I have wanted to add a plow to my cart for sometime. I was curious how this one worked, and then I saw that axle mount. That scared me! I have a 1972 Cub Cadet that I have actually chipped concret with on accident. I would be affraid I would torque that axle and mess it up. I guess I will keep looking for ideas.
On your cub there is a frame that hooks up under the tractor that the snowplow hooks to, thats how you need to do the mounts to put one on an ezgo. You need the plow hooked to the frame leaving the front suspension free.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Whoa!

You wont believe what I found taking off the steering rack. The column mount, 2 out of 3 ears have been welded back on. The steering rack has also been welded back together. The whole ear where the big arm pivots was broken off at some point and welded back together. Looks like they took a bunch of time to try to hide the booger welds with a grinder, poor job at that too.

This thing was rolled.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #37
LDOGGYDIZZLE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Steering slop 98 EZGO Gas

UPDATE.

The seller paid for a new steering box.

New steering box installed and whola, no slop, tight as it should be. No slop. Drives completely different and I can keep the pedal to the medal and not feel like Im going to kill myself.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO