lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
scooterdude66
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha wiring diagrams

Any suggestions about new aftermarket light setups for G-1's? I can't seem to find any that are specific to my older cart. Just got the cart a few weeks ago and I'm new to BGW any help on wiring or any place to research parts would be appreciated.

Thanks and love this site!
scooterdude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #13
deerfly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I found these diagrams on the cunninghamcarts website and posted it here for anyone to use. One of the webmasters made a sticky out of it. As far as I know the one I used was correct. Don't know about any of the others.
deerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

And they are very helpful, good find. Had another post about it and found it did not look right, wanted to make a note of it. The rest looks fine. (of the G9A)
Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
LaydBack
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have one for a 2011 Yamaha Drive PTV gas? I found a pair of wires that weren't being used and they aren't switched by the key. They are under the cup holder and I plan to use them for a 12V power outlet to be able to charge a cell phone. I'm assuming that is what they are for, as it appears that the tach/hour meter is lithium battery powered. Thanks
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There is a manual on the yamaha site with the diagram in it, but hard to read maybe the PDF is better than the online one.
http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...rsmanuals.aspx

It could be for the oil light, or there are audio and headlight kits from yamaha but not knowing what the wire is for that diagram should tell. It may go through the 10A fuse in that case it would not be good for much current. Be very careful about using yamaha factory wiring for anything, and they usually do not ground the frame some have a ground fuse....but not sure on the Drive.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
billygoat67
Not Yet Wild

what a great web site, found the wiring diagram g1. just what i needed. thank you
billygoat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
terry123
Not Yet Wild

i have a 1998 yamaha 48 volt cart can i trade out the 6 8 volt baterries for 4 12 volt batteries if so what changes will i have to make
terry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry123 View Post
i have a 1998 yamaha 48 volt cart can i trade out the 6 8 volt baterries for 4 12 volt batteries if so what changes will i have to make
You posted this in the gas section. Try where the sparkies hang out Yamaha Electric forum
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
JustinCredible
Not Yet Wild

I bought a aftermarket CDI that is for a 150 cc. It has two plugs, one with two pins and one with 4 pins. The wire hárness has a plug with 2 wires and the other has 3 wires leaving one empty. How do I find out how to make the right connections? Oh yea I have a 1990 g2 gas. The cart had a Mitsubishi cdi installed previously that was mounted upside down and filled up with water.
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha