lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha wiring diagrams

There are some places that sell the minibike stuff that post the wiring diagrams, guess I would start there. A lot of them are the same. The G2 diagram is posted in the sticky posts here.

It would be best to make a new post in the forum.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
Soupy96
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
Scan of the wiring diagram for G1 J10 models (1979-81). This is right from the factory manual. Note that it does not show the ground side fuse.
Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?
Soupy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #23
ride2tires
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf
Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall!
ride2tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would like to share the G1 wiring diagrams that I have found handy. and thanks to the fakes that put them together.

252106_320538834723001_1458184684_n.jpg

Wiring.jpg

relays starter2.jpg
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2tires View Post
Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall!
Sorry The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
MonsterCrawler
Not Yet Wild

hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?
MonsterCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
bighawkster3569
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy96 View Post
Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?
Here is what I have found.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf yamaha g1 owners manual.pdf (7.33 MB, 0 views)
bighawkster3569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Found a nice testing chart for Yamaha generator problems. Don't know who the place is but the chart seems helpful.

http://www.golfcarspecialties.com/te...ng_checks.html
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #29
Viejajefita
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Sorry The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.
Been checking continuity on all my wires using the diagrams from Cunningham. I thought that r/w was an important one. It attaches to spade terminal at top of starter solenoid correct? Should there be a wire, red, That piggy backs off of the large terminal (one that goes to battery) then off to the key switch?
Viejajefita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #30
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterCrawler View Post
hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?

Thats exactaly what i did with my g2a gas. Unplugged the buzzer, ran wires to a led plate light mounted behind the bumper. Key turns it off too. If yours is electric, thats a problem, the buzzer is supplied with full pack voltage, in that situation i would go with a led light and a properly calculated resistor to "knock it down" to the correct voltage.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha