lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

Nice post Gutter Yep that's the trick! I could run 32mph with this tweak. (some one insert the diclaimer) You really need to pay attemtion to the sound of the engine!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #22
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I left my governor hooked up, I spill fewer martinis that way.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #23
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Nice post Gutter Yep that's the trick! I could run 32mph with this tweak. (some one insert the diclaimer) You really need to pay attemtion to the sound of the engine!
Yes it needs it--

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
bigray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

anyone help with my issue? i have a 05 yamaha g22 gas buggy(im new to the carts) my buddy at the yamaha shop zip tied the goerner it takes off like a bansee and up to cruising speed but after a couple of seconds on the top end it slows down dramaticly like if you take your foot off the gas and slightly ride the brake.. any help is greatly appreciated thanks again Bigray
bigray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray View Post
anyone help with my issue? i have a 05 yamaha g22 gas buggy(im new to the carts) my buddy at the yamaha shop zip tied the goerner it takes off like a bansee and up to cruising speed but after a couple of seconds on the top end it slows down dramaticly like if you take your foot off the gas and slightly ride the brake.. any help is greatly appreciated thanks again Bigray
Likely the governor kicking back in, it goes according to speed of cart not speed of engine like a lawnmower. Is the nut turned all the way in? You can defeat the spring and then you will feel the governor pushing back at you through the pedal at higher speeds. Eventually your throttle cable will puke but it takes a while.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #26
cbkc
Not Yet Wild

I just used a deep well 10mm socket and screwed the governor in...is that the same thing as bypassing the governor? It goes a lot faster now...
cbkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #27
dogpile
Getting Wild

Yamaha

By doing this you have gave it the max speed but controlled by Governor.

If you screw it all the way out it will be slowest speed controlled by Governor.

If your happy with this speed then I wouldnt worry about bypassing the Governor, just enjoy.
dogpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #28
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I bought a new throttle cable and ran it straight to the carb. Works like a charm!
Rockboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #29
tutiii
Not Yet Wild

i'm new to the golf cart world. i have a 05 G22 that i just purchased. my wife and son said it was slow. so i did the govern modification. took the cart for a spin much faster but when you let off the gas and stop there is a small back fire
i'm thinking it is the carb maybe the air bleed.
not sure which scew is the air bleed, or maybe someone else would know.

thanks for you help
tutiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #30
gutterboy2ca
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Make sure the throttle is returning 100% back to the off position, thats usually the cause, may have to add a small spring to get it to close completely on the carb, I'd start there first.
gutterboy2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha