lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
donetheconversion
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default "the right stuff"

Wondering your guys thoughts on "the right stuff" to seal up a crank case. I opened up my motor and the gasket was shot after. i have "the right stuff" gasket maker, but the only thing thats holding me back is that its not gasoline resistant. Would that be a concern for this application?

anyone have any experience using this stuff?
donetheconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "the right stuff"

A lot depends on if the gasket also acts as a shim,in some cases the gasket must be a certain thickness,or it can cause binding if its a side cover for the crankcase.The Right Stuff is excellent sealer,and works good,just make sure about the application,before doing it.I always use gaskets in any type of case/housing unless otherwise specified.Unless its a 2-stroke,gas won't be a concern.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: "the right stuff"

If you have gas in there, you need to address that carb. "right stuff" is very close to the best quality oem stuff. Yep, the "right stuff" is the right stuff, use it if you want the right stuff. It will not replace a gasket when shimming is concerned. Usually when a gasket is specified, it really does need to be there. As stated above, it all depends on the application. Anywhere "side clearence" is an issue, do it right, for valve covers, or diff covers, go for it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha