lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
eseebeck
Not Yet Wild

Default electrical issues

my gas medalist won't stay running. I charge the battery and it will run for 1/2 hour or so. I replaced the brushes in the starter generator thinking it was not charging the battery appropriately, but that didn't fix the problem. I am wondering if my battery is bad, voltage regulator or starter/generator the culprit. I started the cart and removed the positive battery cable and the engine dies. Does that indicate that the starter generator is bad. I was thinking that the engine should run without a battery connected as it would run off the power generated by the starter/generator.

But I am thinking it could also be the voltage regulator not allowing power generated by the starter/generator to charge the battery or run the engine.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do other than buy a voltage regulator and try that, then try a new battery.

Help please.
eseebeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charging issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO